Game 4 Georgia Tech @ Wake Forest (-7)

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Oof

A statistical representation that shows what we've all been seeing on the field. GT bottom 5 in ALL OF FBS at allowing yards after contact on rushes. Awful. Need to improve somehow, someway

I guess if we want to find a silver lining, we know exactly what the problem is and it seems correctable.
If we saw in stats like this that we were actually putting people on the ground, we would have larger, more systematic woes.
Tackling practice Mon - Thursday

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Weather site says Winston Salem will get about 1 inch of rain between 3 and 9 pm

They are near top at sacks and tfl.

Real test for our offense

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yeah the death march:LOL:
Well, I don't think our coaches are ready for that. However, installing a few of the Army QB runs would help at the goal line. We are either handing off or throwing way too much. It's like Coach Dodd used to say, "No passes inside the 5 yard line>" (Or something like that.) Good advice to this day. We simply have to improve our red zone performance.

slugboy

Staff member
I don't know, it seems like it worked for Coach Johnson many times. I will never forget the look of utter frustration on the face of Miami running back Duke Johnson (last name?) and whoever the Miami quarterback was at the time watching a death march in a close game.
Yeah IFF you are going to get into the end zone (or run out the clock with a lead), and you can reliably get 3 1/2-4 yards a play or convert 4th downs, it’s one of the most utterly fantastic things to watch your team do. You have to be an insanely efficient offense—and we were.

There are few offenses close to that right now, and we aren’t yet.

Complaining about an option offense is like complaining about a diesel engine—a lot of people look down on it, but it’s got torque and power.

Until we are scoring 40+ a game (we’re a tempo offense), slowing down probably costs us points and first downs

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm gonna steal that!
I loved the option offense, still do. I liked the strategic aspect of play calling and that a lot of it allowed you to counter very athletic teams.

Let’s face it, we will have to execute better than a lot of teams to be a championship team as we’re not going to pull Top 5 recruiting classes often, if at all. I felt the option gave us a different pool of players to choose from that could be effective in the system.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
We held the ball for 40:00 against Ole Miss. that’s a huge TOP advantage.

The TOP in the Ole Miss game says more about our defense then it does about our offense.
1695495216444.png

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Not to side track this excellent thread but the ACC currently looks like the strongest conference in the country if judged by balance. Just a few easy outs at the bottom of the conference and I don’t for a moment believe that Tech is an easy out, though we will find out for sure tonight. Upsetting Ole Miss would have given a clue to the rest of the country as to how good the conference is, though I could name a few SEC teams like Texas A&M, LSU, Vanderbilt and South Carolina that have figured it out.