• GT by 7-13

Votes: 84 38.9%
  • GT by 14+

Votes: 35 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There's not enough data points to be sure. But I think the teams are pretty close.

We looked tired and slow against GSU. And it's another long road trip for our team. They get their second in a row at home. McCord is the best QB we've faced, by a wide margin. We still haven't shown any reliable pass rush. Our offense is a ground and pound. Unless we get lucky breaks, I think McCord and Co outscore us.

37-27 Cuse

But, I've been wrong all season, hope it continues!
I think this is a reasonable assumption as long as McCord has time, they will score a bunch. That guy is fearless and not afraid to go for the big play and they have playmakers galore especially the tight end and a couple of really good receivers.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think the teams are fairly evenly matched and I don't think it will be a blowout either way.

I think the Syracuse girl who interviewed on Bleav brought up the best point - if GT is even in turnover battle we should win, because we can run the ball and I doubt Syracuse can stop us. That means we should win the middle 8 and we should be able to control the clock where Syracuse can't. It may be a situation where we win because we played keep-away and scored at the end of the half/game - see the FSU win where they didn't see the ball again after tying it up.
I think we should get that big Ohio running back Tyus and trot him out there. Syracuse would have massive heart attacks on their defense. That guy is still giving their defensive coaches nightmares.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Our defense has given up an average of 16.5 points per game so far. I say our defense has an average game. Tech 28-17.
I like the thinking, the problem is that Syracuse is more than capable of scoring 17 points in a quarter or half much less the entire game. They are a good team especially on offense, defense can be shaky at times.

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
Case of too much to too little. Their QB can spin it but their defense is porous and will be missing their signal caller. Tech by 3 TDs and a FG. 41 - 17.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the thinking, the problem is that Syracuse is more than capable of scoring 17 points in a quarter or half much less the entire game. They are a good team especially on offense, defense can be shaky at times.
Agreed. This is why I expect a possession-heavy, keep away type game. If we can put together a couple 7 minute touchdown drives, they may keep pace for a while but the body blows will pay off in the second half.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO, This game boils down to focus from the coaches and players and turnovers. If we look past Cuse and VMI, thinking we could be 4-0 and potentially in the top 15, Cuse will blow us up, especially in the secondary with no pressure on the QB.

This team seems more focused from top to bottom. With that, I believe we run the ball well and we also control the turnover battle. I’m thinking two Cuse turnovers and zero from the good guys.

Tech - 31
Cuse - 21

Go Jackets!
#THWg

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we'll see the defense dial things up a bit in the game - more like the FSU game. McCord has a good arm and is accurate - he's especially dangerous on the deep ball. Their TE is currently their leading receiver and he's a beast. I think we'll probably blitz and cause some havoc - both for us and for them at times. This game will henge on our ability to stop them and that starts with us stuffing the run game and forcing some predictable passing downs.

All that said, I'm not sure that they'll be able to consistently stop us - especially on the ground. I expect we'll see a full helping of inside zone and power runs. Then when the D begins to wear down, we'll start gashing them with Haynes King and the perimeter runs/screens. Mix in a few play action passes over the top and get Singleton/Rutherford/Lane going - we have too many weapons across the offense - someone will pop off.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is based on 1 game against Ohio? LOL! We are the worst fans.
I would argue that the people here are the BEST fans. This last 10-12 years of GT FB have been pretty brutal as you know and the faint of heart checked out a few years back (or more).

WTBS, I see GT winning this one 38 - 27 with Cuse hanging around for the entirety of the game.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I don’t trust our defense at all. They made stops against a bad FSU team but got tossed around through the air pretty good on that last FSU drive. GAST moved the ball really well most of the game. Give credit to the defense for making stops in the RZ but we need to figure out how to get pressure on the QB or Syracuse will put up a bunch of points. Like others have said I think we need to run the ball and eat clock and then come up with 3-4 defensive stops. Should be a close game. Hoping we pull it out. GT 31-28.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I don’t trust our defense at all. They made stops against a bad FSU team but got tossed around through the air pretty good on that last FSU drive. GAST moved the ball really well most of the game. Give credit to the defense for making stops in the RZ but we need to figure out how to get pressure on the QB or Syracuse will put up a bunch of points. Like others have said I think we need to run the ball and eat clock and then come up with 3-4 defensive stops. Should be a close game. Hoping we pull it out. GT 31-28.
Go back and look at how many times we dialed up pressure on their QB. Not often. I think we'll put more pressure on McCord.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I think some of y'all are underrating our defense based on a single drive against FSU and a vanilla look against GSU. The first drive and last drive of a game you should kind of expect an opponent to move the ball more effectively, those drives are more scripted. We are getting pressure - we had 8 TFL against GSU and 7 TFL and a sack (should have been 2) against FSU - if their QBs held on to the ball longer instead of throwing quick short passes, those numbers would be even better. Cuse and McCord are going to try and throw some deep balls, we can take advatange of that. McCord is also not a runner.

On offense, we are a strong running team which is where Syracuse is weak, so I fully expect us to play a ball control, limited number of possessions type of game. That being said, I think we are actually a strong passing team too as we have a gunslinger QB and a ton of weapons at WR, we just haven't had to use that side of the offense as much yet. If the defense can do its job, we likely just keep it on the ground for the most part, but if the defense struggles in coverage we'll open it up through the air.

I expect a final score of 35-24 Tech