Game 2 Georgia State vs Georgia Tech Media

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like we're pretty banged up after the FSU game. Key mentioned a lot of the 2s and 3s will get a chance to play this weekend
Hopefully our guys heal up, too early for this

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
that + the overall trap game vibe of this worries me...
It used to give me the heebie jeebies on here when someone would say, “Next man up,” on this site. But I actually think that CBK’s attention to detail in coaching means that some of our 2s and 3s could start with zero fall off in performance.

I’m actually not worried.

And, what’s cool is that the whole “we are a family, we are a team” mindset means that any starters who sit out will be cheering for, supporting and helping their replacements. “We are all in this together,” is a great locker room vibe.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
CBK has made the risk crystal clear and has instilled the mindset at every opportunity. He also said he put his trust in the team to take the lead on fulfilling their end of the deal. Either they are ready to do so or they will learn the lesson the hard way.

Personally I think the worst case scenario is they get wrapped up with the FSU success and blow off preparation for GSt yet still win the game without much sweat. If we've got any bad habits to break mentally on this team, we want to be forced to confront them ASAP.

Also, I think we'll be fine.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Not worried at all. CBK has been a godsend and not to be dramatic but he saved our program and turned it around quicker then i thought possible.

I wasnt pumped when we hired him full time, but boy was I wrong. Were doing this now with these lineman, a couple years from now I could probably run for 150 with the holes were gonna have. Please please let us keep Buster and Santucci for like 3-4 more years.

But yeah blowout saturday for sure

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Not worried at all. CBK has been a godsend and not to be dramatic but he saved our program and turned it around quicker then i thought possible.

I wasnt pumped when we hired him full time, but boy was I wrong. Were doing this now with these lineman, a couple years from now I could probably run for 150 with the holes were gonna have. Please please let us keep Buster and Santucci for like 3-4 more years.

But yeah blowout saturday for sure
I was the same way. I really wanted a guy that had a different scheme that could even the field. Was high on Chadwell especially. What Brent Key has done in the past 1.5 years has been incredible. He’s clearly listened and done his due diligence in the hiring processes of Faulkner and Santucci, and the rewards are pretty evident. Let’s keep it rolling into BDS and stomp the panthers back to the other side of Peachtree.

bikeseat

GT Athlete
Interesting how sensitive CBK is toward talking about the past. I guess I get his point but the fans and the program suffered though 3.5 awful seasons. Being able to understand how they are not repeating those mistakes is more of a fair question than he makes it seem like

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
Sounds like we're pretty banged up after the FSU game. Key mentioned a lot of the 2s and 3s will get a chance to play this weekend
Hopefully our guys heal up, too early for this
Well, not gonna get very far wanting to play physical style football if 1 game wipes you out

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Interesting how sensitive CBK is toward talking about the past. I guess I get his point but the fans and the program suffered though 3.5 awful seasons. Being able to understand how they are not repeating those mistakes is more of a fair question than he makes it seem like
Is this week the time to be delving into it, though? Or does it make more sense for him to spend time talking about and working on the moving forward part? To me the answer is obvious but if you think this is the right time to talk about it (I mean the coach, not us fans out here) then help me understand why.