Game 10 Media #PITTvsGT

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Has anything been said about only having 50 something players because of others being a late scratch. Haven’t heard anything Covid related and didn’t want to assume that. I know some players were out due injury, but were the others Covid, discipline issues, or something else.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Has anything been said about only having 50 something players because of others being a late scratch. Haven’t heard anything Covid related and didn’t want to assume that. I know some players were out due injury, but were the others Covid, discipline issues, or something else.

The way it happened so close to game time really seemed like contact tracing scratches.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I think the ones that were late scratches were form contact tracing and had to be scratched right before the game.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
The way it happened so close to game time really seemed like contact tracing scratches.
I think the ones that were late scratches were form contact tracing and had to be scratched right before the game.
I agree with that line of thinking, but I haven’t heard of anyone testing positive within the team or staff. was there word of someone testing positive?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
How do you recommend they get better? Going home? Watching some more film?

Game action is the best thing for young players. I want to see us win and will be frustrated if we play poorly, but that doesn’t really matter. If Pitt beats us by 1 or by 40 won’t change a thing with me in about a month.

Seems like you’re more worried about your pride or something than what’s best for the team. Maybe you live in a dwag family that berates you when we lose. Or maybe you can’t handle a little trash talk from coworkers.

Either way, I don’t understand why some of y’all (not just you, there are others) get so worked up about “embarrassing losses” in a season like this.

I’ll say it again, let the kids play! I guarantee they want to and they aren’t thinking about the potential of Pitt blowing us out. They’re focused on beating them and know that they can. I believe they can as well.
Well, they can start by not making the same mistakes that they have been all year with penalties. No, I do not live in a "dwag" family. My father, God rest his soul, graduated from Tech in 1950 as did my brother in law. Tech born and bred. I do not care to read your silly insults and innuendo.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, they can start by not making the same mistakes that they have been all year with penalties. No, I do not live in a "dwag" family. My father, God rest his soul, graduated from Tech in 1950 as did my brother in law. Tech born and bred. I do not care to read your silly insults and innuendo.
Glad to hear it. Makes less sense why you're advocating for us to just lay down and end the season then.

Also, did you watch the same game I did last weekend? There were some dumb penalties to be sure but seems like you're grasping at straws. The DPI was ridiculous and just as easily could've and some would argue should've been called OPI. The hold on Quinney was weak and nothing their OL didn't do the whole game. That game was as poorly officiated a game as I've seen this year. UCF was bad too.

We looked a little sloppy on O early, but the the running game got going and we looked much better as the game wore on. The D had arguably their best game of the season with the odds stacked heavily against them. We controlled the game from the 2nd quarter on. We just struggled to put the ball in the endzone when we got down there. That needs fixing but is not surprising with a true freshman QB. The team played hard and there's no reason to think they won't do the same on Thursday.

I'm sorry if I mischaracterized you. It's just hard for me to understand why you were so concerned about what it would look like if Pitt "blew us out" and why you're ready to "get this whole blasted thing over with." Doesn't makes sense to me. I hate losing, but I'd much rather watch our team play and lose than not play at all.

Deleted member 2897

How do you recommend they get better? Going home? Watching some more film?

Game action is the best thing for young players. I want to see us win and will be frustrated if we play poorly, but that doesn’t really matter. If Pitt beats us by 1 or by 40 won’t change a thing with me in about a month.

Seems like you’re more worried about your pride or something than what’s best for the team. Maybe you live in a dwag family that berates you when we lose. Or maybe you can’t handle a little trash talk from coworkers.

Either way, I don’t understand why some of y’all (not just you, there are others) get so worked up about “embarrassing losses” in a season like this.

I’ll say it again, let the kids play! I guarantee they want to and they aren’t thinking about the potential of Pitt blowing us out. They’re focused on beating them and know that they can. I believe they can as well.

It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s how you place the blame. 😃 If we didn’t have any excuses like a short roster or finals, we’d have more pressure. Let ‘er rip. I still think we were stupid to schedule this, but that part is done. Go bust some ***!

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If we don't start winning some games, there will not be enough people to bother with watching it. They need to get better, I don't have to "get better".

I yearn for the days before the internet and before every person had a megaphone to whine and gripe to the heavens and we all just went out on Saturdays and cheered the boys in white and gold - even in the wretched years of the Bill's (Curry and L&&&s) when we won only ONE game a year.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty ****ty really. I love Todd Stansbury, but to agree to scheduling like this is ridiculous.

I yearn for the days before the internet and before every person had a megaphone to whine and gripe to the heavens and we all just went out on Saturdays and cheered the boys in white and gold - even in the wretched years of the Bill's (Curry and L&&&s) when we won only ONE game a year.
My favorite year was 1974. I came in as a freshman, Pepper Rogers came in as new young coach and brought in the wishbone offense. Had great time going to the games as a rat. Went to UGA game and beat their *** in a cold rain. It was wonderful. Went 6-5 for the year but I enjoyed every game. Never worried about SOS, rankings, bowls, would we make the playoff committee rankings, etc.

would I want to go 6-5 every year, no, of course we want more. But at the time it was a start and it was just fun.

And it never was the same after that. In 75, the loss to Auburn at home crushed me and not making a bowl game hurt. UGA killed us. The end of the innocence for me.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The year we beat Alabama and lost ten in a row...I was there. The year we lost to Furman...I was there. The year an offensive lineman was being interviewed by Al Ciraldo and was asked why he came to Tech and he looked up at the water dripping from the stands above his head and facetiously said "Al, it was the great facilities here" I was listening and nearly ran off the road laughing. I don't think Al got the sarcasm. Now? We are in better shape in every conceivable way from those days... facilities check, talent double check, coaching check, fans like me bitching double check. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
My favorite year was 1974. I came in as a freshman, Pepper Rogers came in as new young coach and brought in the wishbone offense. Had great time going to the games as a rat. Went to UGA game and beat their *** in a cold rain. It was wonderful. Went 6-5 for the year but I enjoyed every game. Never worried about SOS, rankings, bowls, would we make the playoff committee rankings, etc.

would I want to go 6-5 every year, no, of course we want more. But at the time it was a start and it was just fun.

And it never was the same after that. In 75, the loss to Auburn at home crushed me and not making a bowl game hurt. UGA killed us. The end of the innocence for me.
1975 was the end of the honeymoon for Pepper also. That loss to Auburn, a very poor Auburn team in Shug Jordan's last year too. Tony Head broke his leg going in for a TD. We were up big and in the second half turned the ball over three times in a row on fumbles and the Tigers came back and beat us. It just crushed that team which was leading the nation in rushing with David Sims, Tony Head, ELI, Adrian Rucker and Danny Myers. Then, as now, quality depth was nonexistent, and turnovers killed us. Funny, how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
1975 was the end of the honeymoon for Pepper also. That loss to Auburn, a very poor Auburn team in Shug Jordan's last year too. Tony Head broke his leg going in for a TD. We were up big and in the second half turned the ball over three times in a row on fumbles and the Tigers came back and beat us. It just crushed that team which was leading the nation in rushing with David Sims, Tony Head, ELI, Adrian Rucker and Danny Myers. Then, as now, quality depth was nonexistent, and turnovers killed us. Funny, how the more things change, the more they stay the same.
On the way to that 1st half lead, we lost ELI, Head and Sims. The only starter in the backfield for the 2nd half was Danny Meyers.