Game 10 Media #PITTvsGT

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I see this differently than some of y’all.

It’s obvious some of y’all never competed at a high level. Real competitors like playing when nobody gives them a chance. These kids also came to GT to play football. This could be some of their last chance to play (depending on what happens with d

I see this almost as a blessing. Assuming the short week doesn’t make our guys more likely to become injured, this is only good in my eyes.

1. Any time to get Sims more live game reps is great.
2. This will give a lot of our young guys (who haven’t played much this year) live game reps against a quality opponent. Kennard, Ivey, Meiguez, Franks, Brooks...etc.
3. Hopefully Thacker can build off how he attacked NC State and build a similar attacking style gameplan this week.
4. Nobody expects us to win based on the scenarios leading up to the game. Kids can play free and if we win, it’s that much more impressive. If not, not a big deal.

Let the kids play!
I see your point but if Pitt blows us out will we have gained anything? This is a pretty bad team. It is not going to magically get better. I am just ready for the whole blasted thing to be over and done with.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I see your point but if Pitt blows us out will we have gained anything? This is a pretty bad team. It is not going to magically get better. I am just ready for the whole blasted thing to be over and done with.
Then you shouldn't watch. The rest of us want to see our guys play, play hard, get rewarded with game-play for practicing hard. I don't get those of you who are ready for the season to be over. Every opportunity I see for our guys to get more experience is great for them; every opportunity I get to see GT play football is great for me.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Then don’t watch. It’s about experience for the young guys. If you can’t get that better to just stay away.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
In all likelihood the ACC scheduled this. The ACC has not been our friend. O'Leary complained about how the ACC repeatedly ignored our scheduling requests, and what they did in the Johnson years is well documented.
Don't be so quick to blame Stansbury.
And of course, Pitt was off last weekend.
I'd like to see another game, but under the circumstances, I won't be upset if it is canceled.
The ACC scheduled this for Saturday. Tech wanted to move it because graduation is this weekend. How do you guys know so little about what it going on?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Then he should grow some testicles and make a public comment about it. "This will be a tough change because of a, b, and c, but unfortunately the conference was unable to uncover any other option we could entertain."
The ACC rescheduled it for Saturday, 12 December. The stadium was already booked by The Georgia Institute of Technology to be used for graduation activities. The GTAA went back to the ACC to re-re-schedule the Thursday game.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Currently 7PM ESPN3. So RSN and blacked out for some.

I'll watch but think the line is low at -7 unless Pitt has a bunch of injuries too.
Dude you have got to be kidding me ESPN3 again?! I have hulu tv and didnt get to see the duke game until about the 2nd quarter. Basically gave my phone spam STDs to watch it.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
If we don't start winning some games, there will not be enough people to bother with watching it. They need to get better, I don't have to "get better".
How do you recommend they get better? Going home? Watching some more film?

Game action is the best thing for young players. I want to see us win and will be frustrated if we play poorly, but that doesn’t really matter. If Pitt beats us by 1 or by 40 won’t change a thing with me in about a month.

Seems like you’re more worried about your pride or something than what’s best for the team. Maybe you live in a dwag family that berates you when we lose. Or maybe you can’t handle a little trash talk from coworkers.

Either way, I don’t understand why some of y’all (not just you, there are others) get so worked up about “embarrassing losses” in a season like this.

I’ll say it again, let the kids play! I guarantee they want to and they aren’t thinking about the potential of Pitt blowing us out. They’re focused on beating them and know that they can. I believe they can as well.