Game 10 Media #PITTvsGT

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
If this game is played, we will be very thin on depth. Only had 54 scholarship players for NCST.

Deleted member 2897

Pretty ****ty really. I love Todd Stansbury, but to agree to scheduling like this is ridiculous.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Pretty ****ty really. I love Todd Stansbury, but to agree to scheduling like this is ridiculous.

In all likelihood the ACC scheduled this. The ACC has not been our friend. O'Leary complained about how the ACC repeatedly ignored our scheduling requests, and what they did in the Johnson years is well documented.
Don't be so quick to blame Stansbury.
And of course, Pitt was off last weekend.
I'd like to see another game, but under the circumstances, I won't be upset if it is canceled.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

man KQ has got a pair on him huh? He puts out some fairly dirty posts about the program with vigor. For a guy who has built a business around access he kinda seems like a punky lil brother popping off at the mouth.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
man KQ has got a pair on him huh? He puts out some fairly dirty posts about the program with vigor. For a guy who has built a business around access he kinda seems like a punky lil brother popping off at the mouth.
54 scholarship players? I am not sure what is to be gained playing this game unless its TV money. Who knows? Pitt may be down a bunch too. Maybe they should just let the freshmen and walk ons play for practice.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I see this differently than some of y’all.

It’s obvious some of y’all never competed at a high level. Real competitors like playing when nobody gives them a chance. These kids also came to GT to play football. This could be some of their last chance to play (depending on what happens with d

I see this almost as a blessing. Assuming the short week doesn’t make our guys more likely to become injured, this is only good in my eyes.

1. Any time to get Sims more live game reps is great.
2. This will give a lot of our young guys (who haven’t played much this year) live game reps against a quality opponent. Kennard, Ivey, Meiguez, Franks, Brooks...etc.
3. Hopefully Thacker can build off how he attacked NC State and build a similar attacking style gameplan this week.
4. Nobody expects us to win based on the scenarios leading up to the game. Kids can play free and if we win, it’s that much more impressive. If not, not a big deal.

Let the kids play!

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I see this differently than some of y’all.

I see this almost as a blessing. Assuming the short week doesn’t make our guys more likely to become injured, this is only good in my eyes.

1. Any time to get Sims more live game reps is great.
2. This will give a lot of our young guys (who haven’t played much this year) live game reps against a quality opponent. Kennard, Ivey, Meiguez, Franks, Brooks...etc.
3. Hopefully Thacker can build off how he attacked NC State and build a similar attacking style gameplan this week.
4. Nobody expects us to win based on the scenarios leading up to the game. Kids can play free and if we win, it’s that much more impressive. If not, not a big deal.
I agree with you. We have a young team. Live reps against a real opponent is experience that can't be replicated in practice.

Deleted member 2897

In all likelihood the ACC scheduled this. The ACC has not been our friend. O'Leary complained about how the ACC repeatedly ignored our scheduling requests, and what they did in the Johnson years is well documented.
Don't be so quick to blame Stansbury.
And of course, Pitt was off last weekend.
I'd like to see another game, but under the circumstances, I won't be upset if it is canceled.

Then he should grow some testicles and make a public comment about it. "This will be a tough change because of a, b, and c, but unfortunately the conference was unable to uncover any other option we could entertain."