• NIU by 7-13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NIU by 14+

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I agree. I'd like to see a poll asking how many of our players will be on the participation report. I'd rather win by 7 with 50+ guys on the participation report (and no injuries) than win by 35 and only play 30 guys. The players went through fall camp and as many as possible should see PT on Saturday.
Lol do what? I think y’all have this backwards. 50 guys ain’t playing unless we’re up by a lot. If we’re only up by 7 in the 4th, Brent Key isn’t sending in that 3rd team guard to see what he can do, simply because he went through camp like everyone else. I’d rather win by 35 everytime.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Revisiting for the sake of the braggadocio I will be serving up in chat to any and all doubters of this team. We are going to score on Defense. I am calling the Pick-6 right now.

Book it.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
whoever picked the GT < 7 needs to be immediately voted off the island.

Go Away GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think Tech covers, but I also think we'll know a lot better what to expect next week. I wouldn't lay any heavy bets either way at present.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Lol do what? I think y’all have this backwards. 50 guys ain’t playing unless we’re up by a lot. If we’re only up by 7 in the 4th, Brent Key isn’t sending in that 3rd team guard to see what he can do, simply because he went through camp like everyone else. I’d rather win by 35 everytime.

Our first team is young, too and it's not like they don't need plenty of reps. I expect starters to play into the 4th, personally, regardless of score. Against KSU? We'll see.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Part of me sees us being stubborn trying to feed Gibbs and dump the ball off short when the numbers don't add up in our favor.

But more likely I think we'll start with some RPO stuff and Jeff will be light-years ahead of last year knowing how to read that. Probably means he'll have to sling it (hopefully with some easier throws) at first. If we can loosen them up, I have a hard time seeing them stop the offense much. Like last year, unless the opponent has a high quality defensive front, the thing that stops us will be us. But I don't expect the same issue with penalties, turnovers, and kicking.

Defense will be some big plays in either direction, force at least 2 turnovers, and we'll give them some scores late.

Tech by 17 in the end.

LibertyTurns

Banned
GT 48-10

The poll needed to have categories for GT by 21-27, GT by 28-34 and GT by 35+ along with a single category for the visitors to suggest NIU has any chance of winning.