Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NIU by 14+

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
38-17 GT.
I want to say we score 40 plus but it’s the 1st game of the season so we could be a little tight early in the game, before pulling away early in the 2nd half.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I think we're all a little disappointed after the first half (17-10) but we show our superior depth and conditioning in the second half. 41-16.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think we win.... But, not by as much as some think. 38-28... Think they are more talented on the offense than what some think... I foresee a high scoring game... I think we pull away in the 2nd half. Would not be shocked to see a tied game, at half.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I predict I will be nervous about the game. In fact, will be very nervous. But, I am always nervous because almost any outcome is possible when we play.

I voted GT by 14+ and hopefully that will be a foregone conclusion early. But, I still remember the 2014 Ga Southern game and the latest "why am Inervous about this game" week prior to The Citadel. Also the Miracle on some street near BDS.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think we come out with some pent-up aggression and bully ball the first half, just establish the line of scrimmage and run at will.

Then we start showing out on the passing side second half to cruise to a convincing win.

Defense gets a score too.

42 - 13 good guys.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am going to amend my prediction to say the "cover" number is what I would call the minimum happy result from this game. Less than that means we are not wear we hoped right now. That does not mean all is bad, but some of us have gotten pretty optimistic. I hope that feeling is not premature.

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
44-24 GT
We should beat this team by 30, but I imagine some garbage time points for them will come late vs our 3s and 4s.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am going to amend my prediction to say the "cover" number is what I would call the minimum happy result from this game. Less than that means we are not wear we hoped right now. That does not mean all is bad, but some of us have gotten pretty optimistic. I hope that feeling is not premature.

No matter the margin of victory (this assumes a win) I don't think one can read too much into the first game results. in 2015, we won our first two against schools like this by 50+ points and then managed to win one the rest of the year (injuries contributed to that no doubt). I always thought CPJ, who knows a thing or two about the game, was correct when he said things are never as good or as bad as they seem. A loss however would be a serious setback. However, I fully expect wailing and gnashing of teeth from some of our more vocal contributors here with something like a comfortable 35 - 20 favorable outcome.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think GT wins by 14+ easily (at least I hope so).

My big hope for this game is that we can establish a big lead early and give alot of time to backups, and not have any injuries to the starters.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I see a slow start by both teams. Defense tends to pick up faster than offense so I see a low scoring first half. But we pull away in the end 31-20

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I think GT wins by 14+ easily (at least I hope so).

My big hope for this game is that we can establish a big lead early and give alot of time to backups, and not have any injuries to the starters.
I agree. I'd like to see a poll asking how many of our players will be on the participation report. I'd rather win by 7 with 50+ guys on the participation report (and no injuries) than win by 35 and only play 30 guys. The players went through fall camp and as many as possible should see PT on Saturday.