Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NIU by 14+

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm at GT Winning by 14+ only because that is where the betting line is.

The >10% probability distribution extends from losing to winning by 40 probably (tic). Unknowable.

I do know that I'll watch the play calling and time management closely. Plus ST of course :)

Good to have football back. Too long a layoff.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
GT 48
NIU 24

Tech Scoring
Gibbs => 1TD rushing, 1 TD receiving
Sims => 1 TD rushing
Mason => 1 TD rushing
? WR => 1 TD receiving
1 other back => 1 TD rushing
2 FG

I'm modifying my prediction after watching some games last night and watching some NIU games from last year.

GT 38
NIU 17

I don't think we'll play clean enough to score on eight drives, which is what my gold Kool-Aid aided prediction above requires. If we get way ahead we are going to play for experience too, I think.

So unless NIU lays down (which I doubt), I think we'll get up by ~20 in the first half...something like 20 - 3 or 24 - 7, come out in the third and score another 14 before we dig deep into the bench. We'll give up two more scores after that. If the second/third string D can keep on of them to a field goal it will be < 20 points for NIU.

Jmonty71

Banned
I am adjusting slightly to 41-28... I think we miss an extra point and make 2 field goals, along with 5 TDs... I am still giving them 28, due to the fact our D isn't what I would call "elite" or "high level".

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
34-17. We kick 2 for 2 on field goals and give up a late td in garbage time.
GT-14 is an excellent bet. NIU won't get a back door cover.

An undervalued team is always best to bet on early, before the point spread catches up.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
They are expecting a close game. As I said earlier, I expect Tech to cover, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it close. It's our first game.

Btw, remember that we barely beat GSU in the first game in 2014 with probably the best Tech team since 1990. If it is close that won't necessarily tell us anything about how the season will turn out. Neither would a blowout, for that matter.

Yeah, didn't we blow out our cupcakes the year we went 3-9? We shouldn't over react either way, but we will.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think it will be close game into the 4th qt. A turnover in the 4th will provide the separation. I think our D comes up with the turnover. 35-28. If we have too many turnovers on O we could lose this one.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just an FYI...NIU has lost their past 6 games against P5 opponents by an average of 20 points. Their new HC is 5-13 overall. NIU was 0-6 last COVID abbreviated season...the least amount of points scored against them was 30. They have a young roster.

If we don't beat NIU like rented mules, it could be a long season for us. There's a reason Vegas has us as 18 point favorites.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
My expectation is Tech to dominate with the offensive line, but start slow.

The defense will be the key. NIU should be held to less than 250 yards total offense.

Since it is the first game, penalties and turnovers may be key in how the game ends.