Game 1 ATL Chart

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
With all the noise Avery Boyd made at camp I figured we’d see him. Maybe he plays a little later in the season once he gets his feet under him

TheWhiteKenyan

Jolly Good Fellow
I only see 5 true freshman ATL. OL Jordan Williams, RB Jahmyr Gibbs, QB Jeff Sims & Tuck Gleason, and TE Billy Ward. Also i believe a punter and kicker are both freshmen and beat out scholly freshman Steven Verdisco

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I only see 5 true freshman ATL. OL Jordan Williams, RB Jahmyr Gibbs, QB Jeff Sims & Tuck Gleason, and TE Billy Ward. Also i believe a punter and kicker are both freshmen and beat out scholly freshman Steven Verdisco
This is why "overall roster talent" as measured by recruiting rankings is a premature gauge of success this year. True freshmen normally aren't ready to contribute unless forced into action. Our best class in recruiting ranking history - 2007 - hardly made an impact year 1.

Antonneous Clayton is the single biggest x-factor this year, imo. Probably true last year too

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
With all the noise Avery Boyd made at camp I figured we’d see him. Maybe he plays a little later in the season once he gets his feet under him
I'm sure a lot of the freshman will play 4 and redshirt unless we need them to play more or they are way better than the other guys at their position (Gibbs, for example).

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I don’t think Verdisco in on scholly. I think he was a preferred walk on. Also, Austin Kent is a transfer from UCLA with game experience.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure a lot of the freshman will play 4 and redshirt unless we need them to play more or they are way better than the other guys at their position (Gibbs, for example).

I thought this was a free year in terms of eligibility, or did I just make that up?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Here ya go. Was sent to the media at 10:30am ET today, just prior to the press conference.

1599581246288.png