FSU wants none of this...

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack ask Jim why new users can't register on the other board...I was reading some posts over there and their football iq is really low. I'd just like to shed some insight
Will do ........seems that once the guys with no manners left not lot going on.............will get back to you but agree we are not postingmuch...

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Hahahaha... what an arrogant guy you are... I don't know you, but I bet you aren't much of an athletic guy... If you were, you would respect your opponents. You rarely hear athletes make statements like that. If you are an athlete, disappointing you would bring weak comments like that.

Also, FSU, for 20+ years has been considered among the dirtiest teams in all of football.... and I don't mean within the rules... I mean chicken%*&^ chump stuff like twisting ankles in piles etc... intentionally trying to injure players. Quit crying about blocking schemes that are 100% within the rules of the game. Get off blocks and play the game.

I was a passive fan and respecter of FSU for years but you guys and your whining is wearing thin...

I think you took his statement the wrong way and then really ran with it for some reason being a little bit of a jerk about it.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
I think you took his statement the wrong way and then really ran with it for some reason being a little bit of a jerk about it.

Thanks Ramblin... Esquire, If I took that comment the wrong way I apologize... I have a lot of friends in Tally and they love to say "We don't worry about beating little ole GT, just your chop blocks"... gets old after a while after watching Mickey Andrews and Co go after Joe and other Jackets through the years.

Again Ramblin, thanks for pointing it out in the event I misread the intent, maybe I've been defending Tech against those guys for too long :)

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Will do ........seems that once the guys with no manners left not lot going on.............will get back to you but agree we are not postingmuch...
Was saying that because you're one of the main ones over there bashing pj. Sorry but I disagree with everything you say

Eli

Helluva Engineer
And I really don't see your obsession with willie fritz

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN: Playoff contenders are wound tightly

And then there's Georgia Tech, which has run Paul Johnson's triple-option attack well enough to win nine games and inch its way up the polls. FSU would have one week to prepare for an entirely different offense from Florida's (insert Florida offense joke here).

Facing the triple option is like being attacked by a pack of Chihuahuas. It doesn't look like much, but before you know it you've got teeth marks all over your legs.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
ESPN: Playoff contenders are wound tightly

And then there's Georgia Tech, which has run Paul Johnson's triple-option attack well enough to win nine games and inch its way up the polls. FSU would have one week to prepare for an entirely different offense from Florida's (insert Florida offense joke here).

Facing the triple option is like being attacked by a pack of Chihuahuas. It doesn't look like much, but before you know it you've got teeth marks all over your legs.
No Tech fans (or those who watch enough of our games) would characterize the offense in such a manner, correct? I am not sure how to even understand this metaphor. An analogy to piranhas maybe or the easiest (of course) to swarming Yellow Jackets makes some sense as far as trying to say the offense is "relentless" while run by "smaller" players . . . if that is what the author has in mind.

But I am not sure what he has in mind with "chihauhuas" and "teeth marks."

So is the focus supposed to only be "doesn't look like much"? Since chihuahuas and their teeth marks (not even bites or drawing blood) sure wouldn't look like much.

I know, I am overthinking this metaphor but it just stands out as a very ineffective way to attempt to pay an only back-handed compliment anyway.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The problem is facing our offense is more like getting jabbed for 12 rounds by Ali before he freaking hooks your head into concussion submission.

Thats gt.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Gene Woj has always seemed like one of the good ones so I won't get too upset about it. Probably just trying to be a little too cute.
Yeah I don't have an impression of him as a writer one way or the other to base my reaction on. He just lost me with his attempt to illustrate his point.

The next paragraph says that FSU won a close game over Tech last time but ran the ball well; while this year they have a rather mediocre running game. So the context suggests he is trying to pay Tech a compliment but it ends up as at best a back-handed one with that goofy metaphor.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
And I really don't see your obsession with willie fritz
Well he took over a tream used to running a option and had precious little time to recruit and was not even a Ga resident and has won eight games and tied for the Sun Belt lead.He runs a better offense than we do as evident by his performance vs us last half.......has a win over a name Gator team(not a good one but a win),came close to beating or should have beaten NCS and we all know how fourtunate we were ....has HC expiernce in Texas and is a winner.Could go on but I think you get the picture..

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Was saying that because you're one of the main ones over there bashing pj. Sorry but I disagree with everything you say
My friend learned in a court room long ago not to bash anybody...go back over there and look again.....let me clue you in that i have not hid behind any robes.I have said our offense needed special folks and we got them.....I have said I think the option hurts us recruiting wise and I think it does....I think we need to wait and see how he does next year and not fill up on kool aid this year and I still feel that way.I hate our unis since there is no tradition in them.......sorry if you disagree but to each his own.......I think if you want to go one on one private I can show proof of what I say........show me where I have said PJ is not a good football coach or not a good person..........let me know.Sorry but aint taking the bait.......cant bash without proof.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Well he took over a tream used to running a option and had precious little time to recruit and was not even a Ga resident and has won eight games and tied for the Sun Belt lead.He runs a better offense than we do as evident by his performance vs us last half.......has a win over a name Gator team(not a good one but a win),came close to beating or should have beaten NCS and we all know how fourtunate we were ....has HC expiernce in Texas and is a winner.Could go on but I think you get the picture..
No not really because you also contradict yourself on that board by saying Paul won with chans recruits. So isn't willie winning with someone else's recruits? You leave that part out of course. It would be the dumbest thing in the history of Georgia tech to fire pj to hire a coach 3 years younger that has dominated the sun belt...

Mack

Helluva Engineer
By the way Eli sent Jim a message last night ....no reply but when I do you will be first to know.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
My friend learned in a court room long ago not to bash anybody...go back over there and look again.....let me clue you in that i have not hid behind any robes.I have said our offense needed special folks and we got them.....I have said I think the option hurts us recruiting wise and I think it does....I think we need to wait and see how he does next year and not fill up on kool aid this year and I still feel that way.I hate our unis since there is no tradition in them.......sorry if you disagree but to each his own.......I think if you want to go one on one private I can show proof of what I say........show me where I have said PJ is not a good football coach or not a good person..........let me know.Sorry but aint taking the bait.......cant bash without proof.
every offense needs special folks bro. Clemsons spread didn't look so great with stroudt did it?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
[QU

And OTE="Eli, post: 104697, member: 1844"]every offense needs special folks bro. Clemsons spread didn't look so great with stroudt did it?[/QUOTE]f

Eli

Helluva Engineer
When pj took over no one on the team had even ran a little bit of option and pj ran southern just saying :)