FSU wants none of this...

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well all I can say is we used to teach it at three high schools I worked at and it was not called a chop block...everybody in the world used to double team with a guy going low and one high..........we also taught how to grab dirt if we felt pressure on our outside leg............would think if you stay low and use your hands you come out allright.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Those dumbasses think we chop block all the time and that we cause mass injuries to every team we face. Man, I knew we had a bad image in this regard but I didn't know it was this bad and this widespread.

is there a statistic out there about how many chop blocks are called on each team? I know Duke was called for a chop block in our game and I do not believe we were called. As so many of you have said, everyone cut blocks out there. The ND coach called it out well in one article before the Navy game.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
http://floridastate.247sports.com/B...you-rather-face-Duke-or-Georgia-Tech-33015758

"Duke. That GT offense is rolling right now, and it is a pain even when it isn't rolling."
Someone needs to paste this over there in their forums. They should fear us.
rz76SLU.jpg

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I have watched Alabama do it against MissSt, and just watch every back for any team, on pass blocking, and you will see it. It is an urban myth that we are the only team that uses it. Watch Duke and UNC tonight, and you will see it also by both teams.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What we do do more than others, it seems to me, is cut on the perimeter. We can do this because we line up our abacks inside the tackle box.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Haha...

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2014/11/21/7259025/the-curious-index-11-21-2014

And now he waits. Duke got throttled last night against UNC, in part because our antiquated football rules don't award you points when a punter downs his own punt. That puts Georgia Tech into the ACC Championship Game against Florida State, so be prepared for weeks of FSU fans telling you what dirty cheating blockers the Jackets are. Chop blocks, cut blocks, throwing star blocks, rotary saw blocks, shiv blocks. You name it, Paul Johnson's boys will use it to lacerate you and block for a running back.

I love the internet sometimes...

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Haha...

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2014/11/21/7259025/the-curious-index-11-21-2014

And now he waits. Duke got throttled last night against UNC, in part because our antiquated football rules don't award you points when a punter downs his own punt. That puts Georgia Tech into the ACC Championship Game against Florida State, so be prepared for weeks of FSU fans telling you what dirty cheating blockers the Jackets are. Chop blocks, cut blocks, throwing star blocks, rotary saw blocks, shiv blocks. You name it, Paul Johnson's boys will use it to lacerate you and block for a running back.

There are far dirtier things than our cut blocks--let's take the girls at FSU for example. I think Jameis Winston actually chose FSU because of the abundance of crabs.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Haha...

Haven't you heard? Our players are equipped with Ninja Stars and brass knuckles, in addition to our lethal cut blocks.
When we kick their tails in Charlotte, that will be the reason.

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
Is anyone else concerned that this is really an attempt to get a rule change? My guess is most people complaining about the increased injuries due to cut blocking may very well know that is not factually supported but are lobbying in public for a rule change to further restrict cut blocking. Since they are really struggling to slow down GT's offense on the field they are trying to do so off the field. Also of course they complain to influence the refs to call chop blocks during the game but I fear a concerted coordinated lobbying effort to get a rule change more.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Is anyone else concerned that this is really an attempt to get a rule change? My guess is most people complaining about the increased injuries due to cut blocking may very well know that is not factually supported but are lobbying in public for a rule change to further restrict cut blocking. Since they are really struggling to slow down GT's offense on the field they are trying to do so off the field. Also of course they complain to influence the refs to call chop blocks during the game but I fear a concerted coordinated lobbying effort to get a rule change more.
Cut blocking is done by every team. It is how a smaller guy blocks a bigger guy. The whining and crying are ridiculous.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
----------

FSU isn't worried about winning. All they care is getting through the game without a defensive lineman getting his knees destroyed as we head into the playoff.

Hahahaha... what an arrogant guy you are... I don't know you, but I bet you aren't much of an athletic guy... If you were, you would respect your opponents. You rarely hear athletes make statements like that. If you are an athlete, disappointing you would bring weak comments like that.

Also, FSU, for 20+ years has been considered among the dirtiest teams in all of football.... and I don't mean within the rules... I mean chicken%*&^ chump stuff like twisting ankles in piles etc... intentionally trying to injure players. Quit crying about blocking schemes that are 100% within the rules of the game. Get off blocks and play the game.

I was a passive fan and respecter of FSU for years but you guys and your whining is wearing thin...

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Hahahaha... what an arrogant guy you are... I don't know you, but I bet you aren't much of an athletic guy... If you were, you would respect your opponents. You rarely hear athletes make statements like that. If you are an athlete, disappointing you would bring weak comments like that.

Also, FSU, for 20+ years has been considered among the dirtiest teams in all of football.... and I don't mean within the rules... I mean chicken%*&^ chump stuff like twisting ankles in piles etc... intentionally trying to injure players. Quit crying about blocking schemes that are 100% within the rules of the game. Get off blocks and play the game.

I was a passive fan and respecter of FSU for years but you guys and your whining is wearing thin...
They are more concerned with winning all of Jameis Winstons court cases

Eli

Helluva Engineer
When I was playing it was only real way you could block a big tackle.End hit him high and guard or tackle hit him low........
Mack ask Jim why new users can't register on the other board...I was reading some posts over there and their football iq is really low. I'd just like to shed some insight