FSU wants none of this...

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Interesting how worried they are that they will sustain injuries against us when, as far as I know, we haven't caused any injuries with our blocking scheme.

I remember quite well, however, how they used to try to knock Li'l Joe out every time we played them and they weren't discreet about it - they discussed it openly.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like it's chop block o'clock to them. I would love Ken Seguira to use his stat digging to see how many players get injured as a result of our offense. Obviously injuries like DeShaun Watson's wouldn't count. I would hope it would shut these mouthbreathers up.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Those dumbasses think we chop block all the time and that we cause mass injuries to every team we face. Man, I knew we had a bad image in this regard but I didn't know it was this bad and this widespread.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
During the Clemson game -seemed lots of injuries to clemson players were due to their cleats sticking in the turf. They had about 10 and we had about 2. Most were sprains. Wonder if our staff monitors this to get a better handle on planned foot wares effectiveness.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You know what, if teams keep thinking our "chop blocking" leads to injuries, let them keep thinking that. It gets in their heads and maybe they start making more "business decisions" that affect how they play us. Maybe they're a little more hesitant and slow to turn because their heads on a swivel and that gives our players an extra split second to get them. I'm OK with our opponents psyching themselves out. No need to prove them otherwise.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech sits at 6-2 in ACC play. Their ACC schedule has concluded.

Duke sits at 4-2 in ACC play with home games against North Carolina (Thursday) and Wake Forest.

If Duke wins out, they are in the ACC Championship. If Duke loses a game, Georgia Tech is in the ACC Championship.

It would be Duke's second consecutive trip to the ACC Championship. It would be Georgia Tech's fourth total appearance and first since 2012.

FSU is making their fifth overall appearance and third consecutive. Four in the last five years.

So, this one wins the longest non-answer answer...

Duke - We have suffered enough injuries to chop blocking this year already
This one makes no sense...they haven't played us, Georgia Southern or any of the service academies. Who else runs "chop blocking" offenses? How many injuries did Citadel cause them?

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess the Criminoles don't know the difference between a cut block and chop block. Maybe Coach Kelly can enlighten them a little bit.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Interesting how worried they are that they will sustain injuries against us when, as far as I know, we haven't caused any injuries with our blocking scheme.

I remember quite well, however, how they used to try to knock Li'l Joe out every time we played them and they weren't discreet about it - they discussed it openly.
Never have seen any concern about hurting qbs from the holes.....they are thugs and ...they are proud of it.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
So, this one wins the longest non-answer answer...

This one makes no sense...they haven't played us, Georgia Southern or any of the service academies. Who else runs "chop blocking" offenses? How many injuries did Citadel cause them?
Actually, the Citadel injured a couple of their best DL on purpose. It was quite the scandal, after one of the Citadel's OL was quoted after the game talking about how it was their goal to "go for their knees."

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
During the Clemson game -seemed lots of injuries to clemson players were due to their cleats sticking in the turf. They had about 10 and we had about 2. Most were sprains. Wonder if our staff monitors this to get a better handle on planned foot wares effectiveness.

Well that depends--is butthurt an injury?

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
You know what, if teams keep thinking our "chop blocking" leads to injuries, let them keep thinking that. It gets in their heads and maybe they start making more "business decisions" that affect how they play us. Maybe they're a little more hesitant and slow to turn because their heads on a swivel and that gives our players an extra split second to get them. I'm OK with our opponents psyching themselves out. No need to prove them otherwise.

Touche. When Navy beat Missouri in 2009 (Texas Bowl) it came out that a lot of the Mizzou players simply stopped playing as hard because they were afraid of getting hurt. The chatter on the field was "who's trying to end my career?" etc. The ironic part is that by behaving selfishly and tanking against a thought-of-as-inferior opponent in a bowl game, many of the Mizzou seniors were ending their own careers.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Everybody cut blocks. We just teach our linemen to do it. Backs cut rushing defensive ends, linebackers and blitzing safeties.
Everybody cuts. So all those other teams/fans moaning about cut blocks need to look at their own films.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Everybody cut blocks. We just teach our linemen to do it. Backs cut rushing defensive ends, linebackers and blitzing safeties.
Everybody cuts. So all those other teams/fans moaning about cut blocks need to look at their own films.

I get a kick every time I watch VT play and they get called for a chop block. Seems like it happens every time I turn to one of their games.

That's called karma, Beamer.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Much like the "Women only make .80 for every dollar a man makes" myth that keeps persisting even when the evidence does not support the claim, the "Cut blocking has a higher rate of injuries" myth will not die.
After a certain point, you just keep going and let them wallow in their ignorance.

The funny thing is, our linemen don't seem to cut as much as they used to. At least, not nearly as much as Navy, but then maybe we have bigger linemen now so we do not need to.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
We chop blocked so hard in the Clemson game that we took out their QB.