FSU Bulletin Board Material

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched it as well and thought that this guy is a little overconfident after losing so much production. I really believe our defensive interior has a chance to be one of the stronger units on our team. They are big, experienced, and now will be coached better.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Not specifically FSU bulletin board material but bulletin board material nonetheless. This is from the CFB subreddit series predicting the record of every P4 team.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Respect is earned. Not given. That's a bad uninformed take by a random social media dude (who probably thinks we still run the 3O). But the reality is we've averaged 4 wins over the last 5 seasons. This schedule only has 2 gimme* wins. (*Should be, but let's recall the Bowling Green, NIU and Citadel losses of recent memory. GSU will come eager to make a statement.) We've yet to prove we can consistently win the games we 'should'. Much less, consistently win the challenge games.

I feel confident this team will earn a lot more respect by the end of the year. But they better be busting their asses getting ready if they really want it.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
People write teams off that haven’t been in the top 25 in a long time.

Georgia Tech will be top 20 this year.

The lesser knowers will know we don’t run the triple option anymore.

Brent Key will get the recognition he deserves

Tech will be on the map for even better recruits for the 2026 cycle, and circled as the brutally rough team you don’t want to line up against

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
To be fair, our defense stank last year, we lost a lot players from that side of the balll, and we are installing a brand new defensive system. So, no one really knows how good our defense will be, but it would not be surprising that we struggled in our first game.
Yup - it actually would be a shock if our defense came out playing excellent football. The defense has been bad for a long time with a few good games here and there but overall consistently bad. New coaches can't hurt but most of the players are the same group. Expecting a huge turnaround seems a bit optimistic. Teams simply ran at will against GT's defense last year. That has to change or we will be needing to score 35+ points per game to actually win games.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Yup - it actually would be a shock if our defense came out playing excellent football. The defense has been bad for a long time with a few good games here and there but overall consistently bad. New coaches can't hurt but most of the players are the same group. Expecting a huge turnaround seems a bit optimistic. Teams simply ran at will against GT's defense last year. That has to change or we will be needing to score 35+ points per game to actually win games.
We have 5 Seniors on the Interior DL. That plus some decent returning LBs, I think will help with slowing down the run in 2024. But the other issue is lack of Edge players with experience concerns me regarding the pass rush. I think we will have to blitz to put pressure on the opposing QB which makes you vulnerable for the big play. But I do think the defense will be improved if we can avoid serious injuries. Not world beaters but better than last year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

I'm not expecting a miraculous turnaround. I do hope we can play to strengths. Like a guy like Tatum...put him in positions to utilize what he is good at and try to hide the weaknesses. Sounds cliche I know but hopefully Santucci can do a better job with this than past years.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
We have 5 Seniors on the Interior DL. That plus some decent returning LBs, I think will help with slowing down the run in 2024. But the other issue is lack of Edge players with experience concerns me regarding the pass rush. I think we will have to blitz to put pressure on the opposing QB which makes you vulnerable for the big play. But I do think the defense will be improved if we can avoid serious injuries. Not world beaters but better than last year.
I disagree on lack of edge players.
People are worried about Kennard leaving,
but I see picking up Romello height and a healthy Sylvain as an upgrade from last season.
Both those dudes are serious forces.
Also Kevin Harris is back for 9th season, and he started to produce last year.

I’m going to gamble in saying our edges will be the highlight of our defense.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Wait, did TFG return as coach?
Shut Your Mouth GIF

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think GT wins against FSU. It usually takes a few games for offenses to really get going, and FSU has major turnover on the offensive side of the ball. DJU is a better QB than he gets credit for, but Norvell's system takes some time for QBs. No way DJU and FSU's offense comes out hot the first game. GT has the offensive advantage because we return one of the best QBs in college football with a year of Faulkner's offense under his belt, along with a Spring and Fall camp. This will be King's national coming out party...book it. It's kind of crazy how little press King is getting considering he's one of the most productive dual threat QBs returning in college football.

IMO, this game will come down to our offense versus FSU's defense. Our defense just needs to give us 2-3 possessions where we keep FSU out of the endzone, and I have confidence out offense has enough firepower against FSU's defense to score more than FSU's defense. FSU will always get high level athletes on both sides of the ball, so I expect them to have talent on defense. Regardless, our offense has enough experience and talent, especially given FSU will be playing with a lot of new faces on defense.

For FSU, it will be an issue of how fast their talent can gel...and I don't think it will happen the first game against us.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I disagree on lack of edge players.
People are worried about Kennard leaving,
but I see picking up Romello height and a healthy Sylvain as an upgrade from last season.
Both those dudes are serious forces.
Also Kevin Harris is back for 9th season, and he started to produce last year.

I’m going to gamble in saying our edges will be the highlight of our defense.
Big gss as male. Kenyon White has been the only well above average edge player we have had in a long time.

Hope you are correct. Will surprise the heck out of me if you are. New coaches should help.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Locked On Seminoles
Will Florida State Run Over Georgia Tech?

This isn’t worth getting mad over. I mean yeah, our defense was bad last year. That’s true. Guy made a 24 minute long video that could have been 24 seconds long. “GTs run defense was bad last year. We should try to run it down their throat and then hit them with the play action. Here’s a link to their depth chart and their defensive stats from last year.”

Not worth bulletin boarding some rando who thinks he can “draw up a gameplan” based entirely around height/weight of players and 2023 box scores.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Not specifically FSU bulletin board material but bulletin board material nonetheless. This is from the CFB subreddit series predicting the record of every P4 team.

Started their account in May and have 78 followers. Account won’t even exist to troll this post when we’re bowling in December.

RamblinMike

Georgia Tech Fan
Welcome! How did you end up with us? Grad student? It can be a rough fandom but our non-revenue sports (golf, volleyball) are cooking, we have great, likeable coaches in the 3 revenue sports, and finally have a President and Athletic Director determined to win for basically the first time in my fandom.
Thank you for the warm welcome! My son is headed to Georgia Tech (freshman) so I’m going all in. 😃

alagold

Helluva Engineer

wow I know we have a weak DEf but not this weak.Of course talk is cheap.I would like him to put money on our winning only 2 games.I'd like a bit of that action.