FSU Bulletin Board Material

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
If the members need any more reason to be fired up about the opener in Ireland, I suggest you listen to the Locked on Florida State Football podcast from two days ago. The title was, " Will FSU run over GT." For a team that has to replace Jordan Travis and mostly all of its offensive playmakers from last year- the moderator sounds pretty confident about FSU's offense this year. He spends much of the podcast trashing our DL and how bad we were last year. Interestingly, the more objective FSU media analysts say that last years FSU run game was not consistent. It was an occasional 75 yard run by Trey Benson ( who is gone) or a run game that sputtered. The guy was pretty cocky with an obnoxious tone. He also took shots at Coach Santucci saying he was inexperienced and implied that he wouldn't have Tech ready. Of course, I believe most of the FSU media and their more objective fans have question marks with every aspect of the FSU offense except their RB room. I am really confident our interior guys can gum things up. And figuring out how to defend DJ is sure a lot easier than defending Jordan Travis, Keon Coleman and Johnny Wilson. Coach Santucci will have our guys ready. All I can say to this guy is get ready for a lot of third and six scenarios.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
These guys are losing something like 40-50% of their production from 2023. I’m confused how a team losing so much production can have so much hype behind them and be everyone’s pick to win the ACC. I mean with that many new players you’re bound to slip up a few times.

I wonder what Norvell thinks? I remember Paul Johnson telling everyone the 2015 team wasn’t that great and no one listened to him.

They’re going to bring talent for sure. Defenses are typically well ahead of offenses early in the season as athleticism plays better to read and react while offense require reps to get it right.

If we come out humming on offense then watch out because Foster will have them on their heels and we might end up being the ones that are overhyped.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Warchant used to be fun to lurk. But everything is locked behind paywalls now.
I have a friend who occasionally sends me stuff. Even if you get behind the paywall, it appears that most of their energy is focused on how much the ACC sucks and how happy they are that their lawyers have pulled back the curtain and will get them out of here next month….

Er, the following month.

I mean, next spring.

Well, certainly before the 2025 season….

I mean 2026… the ACC is going away in 2027, regardless.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Their 247 board posted a mod preview of us last week. Pretty fair overall I’d say. Summary:

Offense is dangerous with a good OL, athletic QB, and returning production at the skill positions.

Defense was bad last year, but a lot of turnover and new DC so question mark. Safety duo solid, but sack production is almost entirely gone.

Special teams solid.

Commenters on the article range from “we will be able to do whatever we want against that defense” all the way to “well coached team with a dangerous offense, -12.5 is too high.”

RamblinMike

Georgia Tech Fan
I’ll be surprised if FSU covers that spread. They lost a LOT of playmakers and GT is continuing to get better. We’ll see but I’m expecting a fun, competitive game.

I’m new here, new to the forum and new to GT football, so what do I know. 😃 But I’m looking forward to the season! Go Jackets!

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I’ll be surprised if FSU covers that spread. They lost a LOT of playmakers and GT is continuing to get better. We’ll see but I’m expecting a fun, competitive game.

I’m new here, new to the forum and new to GT football, so what do I know. 😃 But I’m looking forward to the season! Go Jackets!
Good to have you.It always is nice to have another gold-shaded viewer.otoh-it its fun to see the guessing on winner and score in the real games and later then realize how unrealistic some folks are.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I have a friend who occasionally sends me stuff. Even if you get behind the paywall, it appears that most of their energy is focused on how much the ACC sucks and how happy they are that their lawyers have pulled back the curtain and will get them out of here next month….

Er, the following month.

I mean, next spring.

Well, certainly before the 2025 season….

I mean 2026… the ACC is going away in 2027, regardless.
Guys, the highest preseason predicted finish for gt is 9th. No one thinks we are any good. A Gt win would likely be the biggest upset of the season.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
How did FSU do in the portal since the end of last season?
Besides DJ, FSU added transfer WR Malik Benson from Alabama. Although Benson didn't see much playing time with the Tide, FSU observers all reported he flashed in the Spring and will be counted on as their number one guy. FSU also added two transfer Offensive Guards with Power Four experience who they are touting as road graders. Last, they added a transfer RB from Alabama Roydell Williams 5'10 215 pounds who is a productive, experienced power type runner who will pair nicely Lawrence Toafilli who is more of a quicker back. On defense there is DE Marvin Jones , Jr. who came over from UGA who they are pairing with their ALL ACC preseason DE Patrick Payton. Also, FSU picked up another Alabama transfer Earl Little who will take over the nickel back replacing last year's starter who transferred out. I feel the overall impact will primarily be an offense that wants to run power right at the defense and control the line of scrimmage. There is some thought in the media that FSU will be a lot more susceptible to three and outs and that DJ does not possess the ability Jordan Travis had by creating big plays when things break down. As far as their defense, our offense will have their hands full - they have an elite secondary and a talented, experienced DL.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Welcome sir!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Welcome! How did you end up with us? Grad student? It can be a rough fandom but our non-revenue sports (golf, volleyball) are cooking, we have great, likeable coaches in the 3 revenue sports, and finally have a President and Athletic Director determined to win for basically the first time in my fandom.