First word you said after the block?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't remember exactly, but since I sit in the bottom rows of the upper north, I could see early on it had a chance to go all the way back. I remember yelling " he has a chance" then "go, go, go" and just jumping up and down screaming wildly as I saw him cut back that last time. I ended up in the arms of the guy who sits behind me. He literally picked me up off the ground from the row below him and lifted me in the air. It was a crazy scene for sure.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
My story is so terrible in comparison. I was DVR'ing and caught up late. Out of nervousness, I fast forwarded between the final play from scrimmage and the kick and went too far (direct TV has a real over-shoot problem with playback) so I saw that there was a block and potential run back.

But I was thinking because I'm me, and I like Georgia Tech and the losing streak and nothing ever goes right on the black earth, there would be a penalty or a shoe string tackle to take it to OT or worse, give FSU another attempt.

So basically my quote was: No flags. Don't screw it up. No flags! Don't screw it up! NO FLAGS! DON'T SCREW IT UP! DID THAT ANNOUNCER JUST HIT PUBERTY??? YEAH BABY!

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't remember what I said after the block, but I can tell you I was screaming "OH MY GOD" the whole time Lance Austin was running down the sideline and then for about a minute afterwards. My throat and head were hurting the rest of the night. Well worth it.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
Just a LOT of screaming after the block. And then when he picked it up and started to return it, I honestly couldn't make a sound. Everyone around me was going nuts, and I was just standing there staring hahaha. I must have looked like an idiot.