First word you said after the block?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I had perfect seat _right behind the bench_the stupid field level camera was obstructing the view of the block.
At the block Like boom I said something incoherent. Then I saw Austin running towards me. When he did his sainted impersonation of forest gump and turned left at the side line, my mind said run , but I know was silent.

As he flew by out of view I know my mind said, "I cant look we will find away to flub this". I just looked at the back of the guy standing in front of me. Like Forrest gump I heard the sweetest sound as bds roared as as one.
It was the same sound I heard in 65 when we kicked a second field goal to win against #3 Tennesse. Maybe this is the time our players start to play again having Dodds Luck. What better way for its re start to be remembered .

Oh yes the I yelled hoo hoo until horse .

What a gritty game, what a block, what a run, oh what a sweet sound , one we will never forget.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
"I called it"

40 seconds before that play I turned to my wife and said we gonna block it and return it for a touchdown. Swear to god on the bible...she was like holy crap...Couldn't believe our eyes; then just cheering....

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
My story is so terrible in comparison. I was DVR'ing and caught up late. Out of nervousness, I fast forwarded between the final play from scrimmage and the kick and went too far (direct TV has a real over-shoot problem with playback) so I saw that there was a block and potential run back.

But I was thinking because I'm me, and I like Georgia Tech and the losing streak and nothing ever goes right on the black earth, there would be a penalty or a shoe string tackle to take it to OT or worse, give FSU another attempt.

So basically my quote was: No flags. Don't screw it up. No flags! Don't screw it up! NO FLAGS! DON'T SCREW IT UP! DID THAT ANNOUNCER JUST HIT PUBERTY??? YEAH BABY!

I cannot watch Tech football games on dvr unless I've already seen it. Not sure why but it's just not the same for me. Id rather listen to it on the radio live then watch it delayed by five mins on dvr.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I was on the phone with my mom talking about how upset I was that the game hadn't gone their way after they fought and fought, and her TV feed was slightly faster than mine....she yelled, "they blocked it" before they snapped on my TV. I wanted to put the phone down and watch, but my 71-year-old mom was squealing like a little girl so I went with it. Priceless!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
"I called it"

40 seconds before that play I turned to my wife and said we gonna block it and return it for a touchdown. Swear to god on the bible...she was like holy crap...Couldn't believe our eyes; then just cheering....
After dodd left and I moved to texas , the away tulane game in 72_or 73 was all I got to see tech. So future wife and I made treck to tulane stadium.
Sitting in upper deck during aa tech punt , just like u did, I turned to her and said we are going to hike it over his head into the end zone. we did.
Those were very dark years .
Hope u get more of your positive revelations

By way wife has been to 2 homecoming games. We saw this one and the vt 2009 and kids celebrated on field

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
funny me too...can't watch it dvr...not sure why...but its like the game energy and aura is gone

Can I show my wife your post so she understands I'm not the only one that feels this way? She's always like, "You can just record the game and watch it later, right?" Wrong. It just ain't the same experience.

To the OP, I gotta be honest. My first thoughts were along the lines of "GET AWAY FROM IT ... NO, PICK IT UP ... OHH, HE'S GOT A CHANCE!!!!! .... FAKSAG; NBG;HAJN;!!!!!! .... "

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I think the ONLY word to come out of my mouth for about five minutes was "unbelievable." Just kept saying it to everyone around me over and over.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
I kept thinking Alabama/Auburn kick 6 from a few years ago. Then I was Chris Milton quit celebrating and block. Then Chris made a great block!

Followed by lots of yelling!

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I remember ... sitting on the edge of the lounge chair with my feet on the floor in front of the ottoman standing up and yelling YES after the block falling over the ottoman screaming RUN RUN RUN my wife running around closing the doors and windows so the neighbors wouldn't call the police my grandson crying because Papa was running around screaming ... and re-watching it at least a dozen times !!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Started yelling "YES" after the block and the guy next to me said "He's gonna run it back" I turned and looked and said "no way" quite calmly but that was right before he got to the sideline then I started yelling "Go, Go, Go" then "OMG" then just running around like an idiot trying to figure out what to do.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I need to ask my neighbors. They could hear me until my voice gave out.

CSMTDsGVAAA0Z9K.jpg