First play Thursday?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Have you ever thought about being a GA Sedric? Our linebackers could sure use some of what you brought to the game

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Dive.

I think one of the keys to beating these people is to get the dive averaging four yards a carry by the start of the second half. The way to beat their outside speed on D is to ram it up the gut. That's how we won in 2013 and if we do it again, we'll get the same results. I hope.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Actually, I want us to throw a different pass out of that wheel look. The backside Aback is running up the seam on that play. It's hard to tell if he's open because of the narrow camera angle and focus on where the ball is thrown. I know he had the lb beat, just not sure where the safety is.

Now I imagine Clemson is geared up to recognize Sims as the primary on that play. I bet if JT looks towards Sims, he won't even need to pump fake to pull the safety out of the middle/seam. The backside Aback should be wide open.
From the NEZ it was obvious that he was WIDE open.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Let's start no-huddle and then adjust at the LoS based on the Defensive alignment. If they're 9-in-the-box trying to stop the run, then I'd go stop-and-go with a fake quick out to a WR and go for a pass play, hoping their corner will bite on the pump and our receiver will jump him and either get open or a penalty call.

If they're playing their LB's and Safeties further off the LoS, then I'd look at where their line is stacking and maybe shift to an unbalanced set and go with a jet sweep to the strong side to see how they'll react for future reference. If they crash quickly from the outside, then we know they're looking at that as a key, so a counter option off of that, or play-action off of that to the B-Back could prove fruitful.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
fake B-back dive to A-back counter dive ...I don't know a better name for that play

Wasn't that the play Orwin scored his game-opening 90+ yard TD against Kansas back in 2010? I don't think I saw it much if at all last year, but with our inexperienced backs it probably wasn't going to hit big anyway. With our current crop of fast, experienced ABs I wouldn't be surprised to see that play make a comeback.

Deleted member 2897

If Clemson starts on offense first, I see a read option where Gallman gets the call.

If Georgia Tech starts on offense first, I see a BB toss away from Dexter Lawrence. I would advise not running right at a guy who is living up to his #2 nationally 0.999 247 recruit rating.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't that the play Orwin scored his game-opening 90+ yard TD against Kansas back in 2010? I don't think I saw it much if at all last year, but with our inexperienced backs it probably wasn't going to hit big anyway. With our current crop of fast, experienced ABs I wouldn't be surprised to see that play make a comeback.

We ran it with Cottrell versus Mercer, iirc. And I was wrong, it wasn't an iso but just a counter (I think).

UrinatesOnDawgs

Georgia Tech Fan
Trips (slot being JJ) He comes in motion to the line, BB Dive with Insert block by JJ. We did this for an Average of 5-6 yards for like 4 to 5 plays in a row against BC to open the hole up against those monster DTs. Honestly, if we can cram it down the pipe and get the LBs to squeeze, we can have so many open throws in the flats and down the seam.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Look above at my tag line - that is the play with a fake rocket toss left to mills and ab counter follows Bryan. Devine block down as well as the rt.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I'm hoping to see a counter to Qua Searcy for 6. Just like the one we ran against Kansas to Orwin Smith