First Above The Line Depth Chart Released

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Has it been determined who gets the last spots? My count shows 66 and the NCAA allows 70, right? Are we holding out hope for Sims and Clayton or do the best 4 from today's competition Tuesday get the spots?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I am not trying to be rude but do you read the whole post? Or even try? The OP said at temple everyone eligible was ATL

I said thats clearly not the case here. Which is fact. We have many eligible players not atl

So i have no idea what you are seeing. Try reading it again and if i messed up somewhere i can correct it. But try reading what i quoted and my response directly below. Sheesh

You're right, but fwiw, I took his use of "eligible" as referring to CGC's standards not NCAA's. In other words, it's basically a list of everyone who might play with no indicator of likelihood or pecking-order. It is what CGC has said, but I took his complaint as the frustration of a fan who wanted to know where people stood. Again, tifwiw.

MH55

Banned
You're right, but fwiw, I took his use of "eligible" as referring to CGC's standards not NCAA's. In other words, it's basically a list of everyone who might play with no indicator of likelihood or pecking-order. It is what CGC has said, but I took his complaint as the frustration of a fan who wanted to know where people stood. Again, tifwiw.

AE has it right OR he makes the point I was trying to make clearer.

Our new HC released a traditional depth chart this week and many of our fans were rejoicing. For instance, we have a senior RB who has not played much. Our depth is questionable and the depth chart reads the Senior "OR" one of the freshman. So we took that as one of the freshman has played well enough to start OR will play. On the defensive side, a DT and our highest ever rated recruit entering his senior year appears to have been demoted in favor of a true sophomore......recruited by Collins. Hey, good news for your recruiting, if accurate, right?

The DC is for us anyway. Obviously, the coaches know who they want in certain situations. But, as fans craving info, especially this week, you want to know who the coaches like and certainly what underclassmen have impressed. With Collins & his ATL, you are going to have to figure that out on your own.

My cable doesnt carry the game Thur but I will be streaming it.Good luck.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

That's the way I took it as well.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
AE has it right OR he makes the point I was trying to make clearer.

Our new HC released a traditional depth chart this week and many of our fans were rejoicing. For instance, we have a senior RB who has not played much. Our depth is questionable and the depth chart reads the Senior "OR" one of the freshman. So we took that as one of the freshman has played well enough to start OR will play. On the defensive side, a DT and our highest ever rated recruit entering his senior year appears to have been demoted in favor of a true sophomore......recruited by Collins. Hey, good news for your recruiting, if accurate, right?

The DC is for us anyway. Obviously, the coaches know who they want in certain situations. But, as fans craving info, especially this week, you want to know who the coaches like and certainly what underclassmen have impressed. With Collins & his ATL, you are going to have to figure that out on your own.

My cable doesnt carry the game Thur but I will be streaming it.Good luck.

Wait. You're OK with a depth chart with an OR in it, which tells you exactly the same exact information as ATL does?

Ummmm......K.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
So their entire depth chart lists “Or” between every player at each position?

Ummmmmm......K.

They rejoiced having an OR on their depth chart, yo. They weren't cheering knowing definitively who the LT was. They rejoiced at not knowing who would play at RB.

What he said was laughingly idiotic from where he started in on this discussion started.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
They rejoiced having an OR on their depth chart, yo. They weren't cheering knowing definitively who the LT was. They rejoiced at not knowing who would play at RB.

What he said was laughingly idiotic from where he started in on this discussion started.

That’s an opinion you are entitled to. I think his point was reasonable. As a fan most like to know who is starting and where players are on the depth chart.

CGC doesn’t like traditional depth charts. That’s his call and he has reasons for making it. But I think it’s reasonable for some fans to prefer a traditional depth chart.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Tasked my intern with cross indexing the football roster against the #ATL chart to see who was left off. He pulled an all nighter and was able to come up with this.

He even underlined the names that he was surprised to see were left off of the ATL chart - he really went above and beyond on this project.
292fd3937a57b99666b58cf367999dfe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The point for me is that Clemson is an amazing program and they are going to do what they do regardless of film now that we are a more traditional offense. They won’t need to set up special sets and schemes to attack what we are trying to do. I suspect they’ll try to come out heavy and blitz crazy to try to set the tone and push us into a corner. Will be interesting to see how we respond and try to take advantage of it. We’ll likely see a lot of the two step stop and pop type throws many on this board have been asking for but I digress.

Agree. Clemson is going to try and live in our backfield by blowing us off the line. No scheme can survive if that is successful.

They won't respect plays which take time to develop until we show that we can keep the play alive that long.

Clemson is #1 pre-season for a reason. And it ain't Dabo's good looks.

This game does not define the season at all for me. The South Florida, Citadel and Temple games are must wins for our bowl chances. And I think we win them. Ask me about UNC in a month.

NoPlayCard

Georgia Tech Fan
Tasked my intern with cross indexing the football roster against the #ATL chart to see who was left off. He pulled an all nighter and was able to come up with this.

He even underlined the names that he was surprised to see were left off of the ATL chart - he really went above and beyond on this project.

Ha!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Agree. Clemson is going to try and live in our backfield by blowing us off the line. No scheme can survive if that is successful.

They won't respect plays which take time to develop until we show that we can keep the play alive that long.

Clemson is #1 pre-season for a reason. And it ain't Dabo's good looks.

This game does not define the season at all for me. The South Florida, Citadel and Temple games are must wins for our bowl chances. And I think we win them. Ask me about UNC in a month.
We’ve got to utilize short drops and quick passes to have any hope of a passing game methinks

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

His handwriting is awful

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Wait. You're OK with a depth chart with an OR in it, which tells you exactly the same exact information as ATL does?

Ummmm......K.

Don’t worry I got it. I have the solution...

Coach shoulda just put:
Graham
OR
Johnson
OR
Oliver

Everyone is happy right?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

A depth chart with one or two positions with an OR isn't the exact same as what we have with the ATL which would be like a depth chart with multiple ORs at every position.

Because only having one or two ORs on the depth chart actually gives insight that there is a real competition going on. If every single spot had an OR, which is what we have, we have no way of telling which positions have actual competitions and which don't. They are rejoicing that having the OR actually means something significant.

Last edited:

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure if you guys noticed it, but at the top of the ATL chart, it says. "The players in bold are the ones who started the previous game." So next week's game chart will have a clearer picture if we don't necessarily have all of our answers throughout the course of the game.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Come on, guys, its easy to see what CGC is doing---he is not giving away ANY info to Clemson. By making an ATL chart as opposed to a Depth Chart, he is hoping to gain a competitive advantage over Clemson. After Clemson, it won't matter very much--we will all see who starts and plays. But for this first game, Clemson is going in blind (unless they have spies on our campus). FWIW, I love it. I'll take every (fair and honest) competitive advantage we can get.