Fire Paul johnson for Taking Tobais Oliver out of the game

Animal02

Banned
No, people want to place part of the blame on the HC while others refuse to find any fault with him.
The fact is, there has been declining financial support for Tech football over the last two decades. Some people hold on to the fantasy that Tech is still and elite football school. Those days are long past.
I will continue to cheer for the team and hope for them to win, but at the same time, do not expect to contend for a NC every year. The vast majority of schools don't get a sniff at a NC in a lifetime. We have. will take the ups and downs over the CG bland 7-5 and never beat the mutts.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
They were a 1 win a year team before him. One. They averaged just a single win a year for the 4 years prior to his arrival. They are a 7 win team under him now. Schedule be damned, that is such a level of improvement that can't be ignored. Y'all are the ones that are acting ignorant of just what a ****y position that cutcliffe inherited to think just because we play clemson and UGA every year makes up the difference.

I don't have to talk about duke at all to smear PJ. He's missed two of the last 3 bowls, and finished 5th in the division the one year he made one. His winning % the last 6 years is worse than his predecessor's was in his 6 years here. We still have almost all the same problems we've had since he has been here. It's year 11 and out starting QB is a converted running back, our defense is still trash, our special teams looks about as bad as ever, and our coach continuously whines about everything around him, and has terrible media relations, which yes, is a part of his job.
Mic drop

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Johnson inherited a much much better situation here than Cutcliffe at Duke. Duke was a 1 win a year team before Cutcliffe. GT was a 7 win a year team under Johnson. Once the teams were fully players they recruited and coached, Cutcliffe has been 46-34, Johnson has been 42-36. Yes, Johnson did better the first several years because he inherited a program 6 wins a year on average better and with much better pieces to work with.
Credit to Cutcliffe where due, but Duke plays Wake as it’s cross-divisional rival. Wonder what CPJs record would look like if he played Wake and Army every year instead of Clemson and Georgia.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
LOTS of guys (and girls, I guess) on these blogs want to put ALL the blame on Johnson.

No, they want to put all the blame of stuff that happens under him on him because he is the HC. There is an implicit understanding that we have issues with academics and finances. But to still having terrible pass blocking? Still having terrible defense? Terrible special teams? Poor media relations? To act like all of this is beyond the control of the head coach is just to be in denial.

The fact is, there has been declining financial support for Tech football over the last two decades.

After 4 years of averaging 7 wins a year, Johnson got a raise after one good year, 2014, that made him the third highest paid coach in the ACC at the time. Also, GT isn't nearly as far behind in spending as people want to believe. We are about 45th in spending which isn't great but it isn't bottom of the barrel like people act like, and there is also a good bit of improvement on how much we get for our investment as there are a lot of programs that do a better job of stretching the dollar further so to speak.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Defense still Sucks... Tobias had the game for us... Coach Johnsons went back to T Marshall and lost the game... Season is over..Clemson, Georgia, VT and Louisville and Duke are all better than USF...
Tobias was in we we we're 3rd and 9... Personally, I am thankful the TM was able to get back in the game and completed the pass for a first down. I'm not confident TO would have.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I notice you are not talking about the pretty clutch INT Marshall threw.... Bottomline he should have been on the bench... Taking Tobias out...lost the game
Interception due to having arm hit, due to poor pass protection? After the fumble that allowed USF to take the lead?