Film Study - Offense vs NCST

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
Beasley is nastiest in obvious passing situations. FSU had a lot of those when they played Clemson and it didn't go well for McGuire.

Remember at the game at BDS in 2009 when they mounted a furious rally in the second half and were really whipping our tails on the interior of the line? We finally said the hell with it and started running a bunch of mid-line and optioned the defensive tackle. We got enough out of that to sort of finish the game off.

It may be a little counter-intuitive, but if Beasley is creating a lot of havoc, you don't run away from him, you run right at him and option him and thus limit his ability to impact the play.

Dennis Andrews caught my eye blocking the edge this week. He looks to be earning some extra time with solid effort.

I could go on and on, but the truth of what happened is very simple. We killed them up front. End of story. The rest is just details. We got to play a lot of kids. That is great. We got some guys a little rest. That too is great. I just hope our heads didn't swell after this one.
How's about this? We dominate Clemson to the point that we have our second team in by late third quarter, rest the starters and get the younger guys more playing time? Cease with the "fomenting". :)