Film Study - Defense vs Miami

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I have not seen a distribution chart on our passing, but the feeling is we go left, right, over the middle, short and deep about equally. Some of Longestday's videos showed Miami's LB's playing well off the line, even in traditionally run situations. Maybe they were told to stay put, but it was almost comical that they remained basically stationary waiting to be blocked sometimes. Point being, the "threat" of a pass, and probably JT's speed on the perimeter is a new can of worms for DC's.
I noticed this too but felt like Miami went into the game to handle JT and the perimiter.The backers drop off to make sure they can move laterally which is not bad idea but they sure stayed put and that was a good thing.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I noticed this too but felt like Miami went into the game to handle JT and the perimiter.The backers drop off to make sure they can move laterally which is not bad idea but they sure stayed put and that was a good thing.
I think it was just the MLB playing deeper than normal, mack. A lot of teams do this against us.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Nah, that's "taking away what they do best". Making a team one-dimensional hurts balanced offenses, since they're more predictable if you take away one of the key parts of their game.

Being one dimensional means that the overwhelming majority of your offense either comes from run or pass, not a balance of the two. 1 dimensional = just run OR pass. 2 dimensional = run AND pass.
Oh well. Most announcers agree the other way.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Yeah no problem with that but they do it to get to the corner..........of course when you run at them.its another ballgame.
I never understood why our center never took proper angle to get to MLB. Went for him instead of where he is gonna be. If we can keep improving in how we block; i.e. "stay on your feet" this offense will be awesome.