Film Room Film Room: GT Defense vs. BC Offense Series 1

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So we seemed to miss a good 3 sacks in the game due to poor execution....for instance the sack missed by BM when he over ran / slipped down going at the QB. Everyone executed well and the sack was there for the taking, as longestday said "you can't draw it up better", then Mitchell missed the QB.

3 sacks in a game can make a huge difference. Hell it could potentially take 3 scores off the board. The above play was obviously a good play call. I don't think D coaches get as much credit as they probably deserve for sacks, turnovers, and such. The opposition will sometimes make you miss but these opportunities can't afford to be missed often.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So we seemed to miss a good 3 sacks in the game due to poor execution....for instance the sack missed by BM when he over ran / slipped down going at the QB. Everyone executed well and the sack was there for the taking, as longestday said "you can't draw it up better", then Mitchell missed the QB.

3 sacks in a game can make a huge difference. Hell it could potentially take 3 scores off the board. The above play was obviously a good play call. I don't think D coaches get as much credit as they probably deserve for sacks, turnovers, and such. The opposition will sometimes make you miss but these opportunities can't afford to be missed often.
There's one huge missed sack BC wishes they had.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Why would you put two rush ends on the DL at the same time?

Three thoughts: (1) IMO Simmons good play was as noticeable against the run as it was against the pass, (2) Simmons is in his third year and he has played both ends numerous times and (3) depth charts I have seen show Simmons backing up Chungong and Andree backing up Freeman. I actually think Chungong is a SDE and Freeman is a WDE but Simmons and Andree play both, tho they may lean more heavily toward WDE. Right now Freeman is slowed up, Chungong is Chungong, and Simmons has the hot hand. Play him, SDE or WDE.