Favorite Underrated Tech Players

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Larry Good (sic) was Kim Kings backup and was subsequently to king graduating was qb .
He was injured - right knee iirc. Went to see my only away game at Auburn - but think it was in different stadium. Defense and Larry fought valiantly against what appeared to be a stronger more talented team. Larry was so on target the only incompletes hit the recievers in the helmet. As time expired he drove us down for a winning field goal attempt. We made it as,sun came out and shown on the gold and white. I decided to go see him play at UGA. He was playing w injured knee. After we scored on our first posession, a low hit took him out of the game. Gt 8- UGA 49 iirc.
A high school classmate was a vociferous Auburn fan. He wanted to bet me on that game and offered points. I said no, I’ll bet you straight up on a Tech win. He was obnoxious and I didn’t want to cower. He was shocked when Tech won and said something like, “How many times you think Tech can pull one out like that?”

I was a big Larry Good fan. Loved that he could score running if the passes weren’t there.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't know if I'll go "favorite" underrated player but just to throw another out there: Chris Milton. Had far from the best stats because he gave up a ton of yards but Ted Roof set him up that way. DJ White got all the accolades (not arguing against that) as he often played the boundary with help over top. Milton was thrown on an island with nothing but the entire field and the other team's best receiver. Had the most difficult job on that entire defense by far.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
A high school classmate was a vociferous Auburn fan. He wanted to bet me on that game and offered points. I said no, I’ll bet you straight up on a Tech win. He was obnoxious and I didn’t want to cower. He was shocked when Tech won and said something like, “How many times you think Tech can pull one out like that?”

I was a big Larry Good fan. Loved that he could score running if the passes weren’t there.
The two qbs, king and pyron, remind me of King and Good.
Boy would that be something if I was right

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I used to go to almost any football game in Atlanta I could when I was in high school. They used to have an East-West all star game there. Kim was on the East, naturally with at least 3 other quarterbacks. He didn’t see the field until late in the fourth quarter just for one 3rd down play, I think was like 3rd and 5. They had him run an option play / quarterback keeper. He got stuffed. He only had that one play for all the pro scouts in the stands. I was mad and he was mad.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Larry Good (sic) was Kim Kings backup and was subsequently to king graduating was qb .
He was injured - right knee iirc. Went to see my only away game at Auburn - but think it was in different stadium. Defense and Larry fought valiantly against what appeared to be a stronger more talented team. Larry was so on target the only incompletes hit the recievers in the helmet. As time expired he drove us down for a winning field goal attempt. We made it as,sun came out and shown on the gold and white. I decided to go see him play at UGA. He was playing w injured knee. After we scored on our first posession, a low hit took him out of the game. Gt 8- UGA 49 iirc.
We played Auburn at Legion Field until the early 70’s IIRC.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Marco Coleman? 12th overall pick in NFL draft and 14 years in the league.

Dedrick Mills? Voted honorable mention freshman all American by one outlet. Was on the Maxwell watch list going into the 2017 season before he got the boot

Not sure either of these guys qualifies as underrated.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
David Curry, had everything you wanted in a linebacker, but speed.
I personally disagree with this.

David Curry was the smartest guy on the field on any given play. Dude could read an offense like no other. But he was so slow and couldn’t finish tackles. I think he was properly rated.

I wanted us to retain him as a Defensive GA, he would’ve been so good in the booth for any team.

But since he was a LB, not having speed or size really kills. So while he wasn’t seen as a standout, I think he was properly rated by most people.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
We played Auburn at Legion Field until the early 70’s IIRC.
1970 was our first trip to Jordan-Hare instead of Legion Field.

Friday evening we bussed down I-85 to the West Point Holiday Inn, then into Auburn Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon was spent watching Pat Sullivan throw it as far as he could & Terry Beasley having to slow down to catch it. Tiggers - 31, Good Guys -7.:cool:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
1970 was our first trip to Jordan-Hare instead of Legion Field.

Friday evening we bussed down I-85 to the West Point Holiday Inn, then into Auburn Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon was spent watching Pat Sullivan throw it as far as he could & Terry Beasley having to slow down to catch it. Tiggers - 31, Good Guys -7.:cool:
Oddly, I have forced that one out of my memory.

Darthdad

Georgia Tech Fan
This post may be revealing of my age but I love fullbacks. Ed Wilder, Stephen Scotton and Mike Cox (not classified as a fullback technically) but will include him anyways. No telling how good “Big Ed” would have been without his knee issues.
I always thought Stefen Scotten was underrated. I recall him being very reliable if you need a first down or a TD.