Favorite Underrated Tech Players

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Tevin Washington. Better at executing the true 3O than Nesbitt or Thomas, but didn't have the elite athleticism of those two.

Unrelated to the question, but it made me think of some of the best executed games at QB in the Johnson years. In 2014, JeT was 4/7 for a mere 53 yards and had 27 yards rushing. I still believe this was one of his best games. He made every right decision that night.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Tevin Washington. Better at executing the true 3O than Nesbitt or Thomas, but didn't have the elite athleticism of those two.

Unrelated to the question, but it made me think of some of the best executed games at QB in the Johnson years. In 2014, JeT was 4/7 for a mere 53 yards and had 27 yards rushing. I still believe this was one of his best games. He made every right decision that night.

I think TaQuon gets a really bad rap relative to his performance as well.

Chris Reis?
Kelly Rhino?

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
In the same vein as Godhigh and O. Smith, I'd add Clinton Lynch

2016 stats are pretty wild. Averaging 11 yards a carry and 30 yards a catch
1723822700355.png

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
P.J. Daniels was a walk-on. This is from his Wikipedia page:

"While at Georgia Tech, he majored in management and minored in chemistry. In four years, Daniels had over 3,300 yards rushing, 360 yards receiving, 230 kick return yards, and 26 all-purpose touchdowns.[1] The most notable aspect of Daniels' career was that he began the 2002 season as a walk-on and was seventh on the depth chart. Through attrition, flunkouts, and hard work, Daniels became the starter for Georgia Tech in 2003. While at Georgia Tech, he set an NCAA bowl game rushing record with 311 yards and four touchdowns in the 2004 Humanitarian Bowl."

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

"While at Georgia Tech, he majored in management and minored in chemistry. In four years, Daniels had over 3,300 yards rushing, 360 yards receiving, 230 kick return yards, and 26 all-purpose touchdowns.[1] The most notable aspect of Daniels' career was that he began the 2002 season as a walk-on and was seventh on the depth chart. Through attrition, flunkouts, and hard work, Daniels became the starter for Georgia Tech in 2003. While at Georgia Tech, he set an NCAA bowl game rushing record with 311 yards and four touchdowns in the 2004 Humanitarian Bowl."
This. Not many people still talk about PJ, but he was an absolute horse.

THWnadlickers

Georgia Tech Fan

PJ is an absolute legend in my book, love that you brought him up.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Beat me to it. Daniels stood out in my mind as someone who was buried, five feet underground, on the depth chart as a walk on and somehow managed to have a great career at Tech. A true diamond in the rough. I did not know that he was "seventh" on the depth chart. I didn't think it even went that deep.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think TaQuon gets a really bad rap relative to his performance as well.

Chris Reis?
Kelly Rhino?
Ta Quon, bad rap? Why? He was as courageous as they come. He was a mediocre passer for the most part but after all he was recruited as an "A" back. Chris Reis was an interesting case. He did not seem fast enough to play safety but boy howdy, could he bring the lumber. I kept thinking Rhino would get hurt returning those punts with all those bodies flying around and then look up and the rascal had just hammered someone on the kickoff team flying head first into the returner. Dangerous dude to be around.