Favorite GT vs ND moment?

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the 2006 and 2007 games. The win in South Bend was awesome - the game was not close. Tashard Choice ran over, around, and thru that defense. The ND fans were very gracious. I had just graduated in '05 and this is a great road trip memory for me.

That said, the 2006 game at BDS was easily one of the best gameday environments I've ever been at. The stadium was packed and it was rockin' from the first kickoff. Calvin went nuts, but he was the offense we had. If I remember correctly, we were leading at halftime and never got anything going in the second half. The whole stadium was on pins and needles - great game, too bad we lost.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
That said, the 2006 game at BDS was easily one of the best gameday environments I've ever been at. The stadium was packed and it was rockin' from the first kickoff. Calvin went nuts, but he was the offense we had. If I remember correctly, we were leading at halftime and never got anything going in the second half. The whole stadium was on pins and needles - great game, too bad we lost.

We tried to milk a 3 point second half lead using Chan Gailey’s patented prevent offense playbook.

I believe the refs set up the go-ahead TD drive for ND on a questionable personal foul on Brady O’Quinn.

SCjacket1979

Georgia Tech Fan
A little history. In 76 we beat them at Bobby Dodd. In 77 they stomped us as payback and in the last minute of the game leading 62-14, they faked a kneel and threw a classless 60+ yd bomb to raise the score to 69-14, supposedly sending a payback message for beating them in 76. In 78 they came on to the field led by their all American linebacker Bob Golic who turned and gave the F***U symbol at the student section. I was in flash cards sitting next to a friend who had 4 mullet and as soon as the Irish occupied the side line he let loose and one came within a foot of smacking the coach (Devine) in the back of the head. I suppose the fish and bottles were going to fly without the gesture from Golic but he sure fanned the fire.

Go Jackets and THWG!