Favorite GT vs ND moment?

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
My one and only GT/ND game attendance was the 2006 game. It was my first game as an alumnus, buying tickets in a non-student section. My section was quietly doing their taxes so I went back to the student section and lost my voice screaming at the refs when they handed ND the game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Favorite GT-ND moment was the fish toss. I didn't want to carp about it because GT really floundered, but holy mackeral the whole ND sideline smelt like bass.
Ara Parsigan(sp). Students used to sit behind the opposing team back then. The next year we played USCw when McKay was their coach. He bought all the tickets behind the bench to avoid having things thrown. Bob Hope came to that SoCal game. GT students have been known to throw things over the years. The fish thing with ND was classic. The seat cushions came flying down one year like Frisbees.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I missed that, too, but my brother was there that night (IIRC, that game was at night, but maybe not).

Anyway, I was present for the Milkbone shower for UGAg about a decade later. 😂
I’m picking up from this thread that it happened more than once. But the game I attended was a day game. If I had to guess the year I would say 78 maybe. I would have to look it up.

My memory was that from a distance it was like a shower. Where did all those fish come from?!!! The alarming thing was some bottles started getting into the mix of things raining down. ND players were invited to sit on the Tech sideline after that.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I’m picking up from this thread that it happened more than once. But the game I attended was a day game. If I had to guess the year I would say 78 maybe. I would have to look it up.

My memory was that from a distance it was like a shower. Where did all those fish come from?!!! The alarming thing was some bottles started getting into the mix of things raining down. ND players were invited to sit on the Tech sideline after that.
Dan Devine was head coach of ND in 1978, so. If it was Parsegian, it was earlier.