Favorite Georgia Tech Defensive Stand Of All Time

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
I am not sure about 62, but I know he wore it pre-game in 64. Walked in front of the student section with it on. There were a few things thrown at him. That was the loudest game I ever attended at Grant Field.

Bob

I am not sure about 62, but I know he wore it pre-game in 64. Walked in front of the student section with it on. There were a few things thrown at him. That was the loudest game I ever attended at Grant Field.

Bob
Did you not attend the '62 game? That was by far the loudest game I have ever attended at Grant Field. I honestly don't even remember the '64 game

LibertyTurns

Banned
Thank you so very much for sharing.

A while back there was a post on one of the boards about the loudest game at Grant Field. A lot of those younger than myself understandably said VT, ugag, fsu, cu and others all within past 20 to 25 years. Understandable as I said.

I mentioned bama game of 62 that my Dad was somehow able to get tickets to.

One respondent, somewhat sarcastically, replied "so that makes 3 of you that saw that game blah blah blah".

Most folks on this board have no concept (outside perhaps of the ones at the Citrus Bowl in 91) what that day was like at Grant Field vs bama. It was loud, insane, unTechlike, as crazy as any stadium has ever been for any college game ever.

I pray that somehow, someday they will be able to experience that at Grant Field.
We’ll never get those days back which is why these stories are awesome.

It’s not that we can’t win World Wars or National Championships anymore, but the conditions and circumstances are completely different.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It’s not that we can’t win World Wars or National Championships anymore, but the conditions and circumstances are completely different.

Things always change. Some organizations adapt. Others perish. The great paradox re: GT is that it teaches innovation and problem solving to its students..who go out and do exactly that. World class in that aspect. Meanwhile, the organization itself doesn't practice what it preaches. I have always found this beyond perplexing.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Things always change. Some organizations adapt. Others perish. The great paradox re: GT is that it teaches innovation and problem solving to its students..who go out and do exactly that. World class in that aspect. Meanwhile, the organization itself doesn't practice what it preaches. I have always found this beyond perplexing.
Yes, very odd indeed.

There is the old saying about finding a husband GT’s campus- the odds are good but the goods are odd.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Nail meet Hammer.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
The students threw fish at Parseghian in '67, They threw fish and bottles at Devine in '76 or '78

.... and '69.

Even our players of a particular faith thought that was funny.

Worst part was a lot of the Student Body was in UE then & some had pretty good arms, so the range & danger zone was fairly substantial. The '69 game not starting til 9PM in late November (last game before UGag) so as to be on national TV didn't help the Student Body blood alcohol content in '69.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
It's amazing to hear all these stories about how grant field was rocking sadly never experienced anything like these loudest I've attended was either VT in 2016 or Wake in 2009 granted I was only 6 or 7 and had no idea what was happening
That 2009 Wake Forest game was an amazing game to be at. Was a crazy game