Fan Day Roll Call.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Was planning to go. But grandson was admitted to the Children's Hospital which came first . But would like to thank the DOT for closing 3 lanes on 75 south for making the speed limit 5 mph for about 6 miles.

Hope he is stable and things are looking up for him, you and the family. Yep, the road paving on I75 is a killer to traffic.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I expect one of y’all to get more info on LJ injury today.

Lucas: Black boot on his right foot. Does not seem to be in pain. Tight lipped about his condition. Like most of the players he was all smiles. He did suggest he might know more on Monday.

Dolphus: Arm in a cast. Has a broken bone in his arm or hand. Does not seem to be in pain. Indicated a quick recovery. All smiles.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Lucas: Black boot on his right foot. Does not seem to be in pain. Tight lipped about his condition. Like most of the players he was all smiles. He did suggest he might know more on Monday.

Dolphus: Arm in a cast. Has a broken bone in his arm or hand. Does not seem to be in pain. Indicated a quick recovery. All smiles.
I really hate this for Lucas J.hope it's minor and will see hip play a little bit this year,btw didn't know Dolphus was hurt I was thinking it was Adonicas Sanders but the Dolphus injury is new to me

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wow... amazing how unprepared they were for the onsite book store. Not even ready for wreckfest. Heard 4 different families say how "this is tech, we wont be back".

Just blows my mind if something starts at 3. Then have it ready by 230... what else are you doing that day? Lol.

Hopefully they figure out how to have a fanbase before they chase them all off.

I'm too deep. I'm a proud tech fan, but if they are trying to gain me fans? Its a piss poor performance

A lady from the athletic department was in line ahead of me. She was impressed how patient the customers/ fans were. (She was in line as a customer herself.

She wasn’t exactly happy with the situation and I had the impression from talking with her that this kind of thing frequently frustrates the athletic dept. FWIW She was taking notes of the things that weren’t right.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Wow... amazing how unprepared they were for the onsite book store. Not even ready for wreckfest. Heard 4 different families say how "this is tech, we wont be back".

Just blows my mind if something starts at 3. Then have it ready by 230... what else are you doing that day? Lol.

I'm too deep. I'm a proud tech fan, but if they are trying to gain me fans? Its a piss poor performance
I too was disappointed in the bookstore trailer. We were about number eight in line among the season-ticket holder‘s for entering the stadium and I had my daughter save our place while I went over to buy a T-shirt and a football for autographs. I got in line to buy items at 3:15 and I was number four in line. By the time I was able to purchase the items, they had let the entire group of season-ticket holder‘s enter the holding area inside the stadium (this was at about 3:40). Someone in line behind me asked why they weren’t selling anything by 3:25, and was told that they had to put out all of the merchandise before they could open the registers. There were at least six bookstore employees working, and the items they were putting out and included pom-poms, beads, and Koozies. They missed out on a significant number of sales because the season-ticket holder’s didn’t have an opportunity to buy anything most of the non-season-ticket holders were already in line.

Having said all that, it was a great day inside the stadium. We were getting a football signed for a nephew who recently had a similar injury to Jaylen Ratliff’s (dirt bike incident very close to where Jaylen had his accident) and several players, coaches, and TStan all expressed concern, and one (I believe it was Tyler Meriwether) specifically stated he would say a prayer for him.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I too was disappointed in the bookstore trailer. We were about number eight in line among the season-ticket holder‘s for entering the stadium and I had my daughter save our place while I went over to buy a T-shirt and a football for autographs. I got in line to buy items at 3:15 and I was number four in line. By the time I was able to purchase the items, they had let the entire group of season-ticket holder‘s enter the holding area inside the stadium (this was at about 3:40). Someone in line behind me asked why they weren’t selling anything by 3:25, and was told that they had to put out all of the merchandise before they could open the registers. There were at least six bookstore employees working, and the items they were putting out and included pom-poms, beads, and Koozies. They missed out on a significant number of sales because the season-ticket holder’s didn’t have an opportunity to buy anything most of the non-season-ticket holders were already in line.

Having said all that, it was a great day inside the stadium. We were getting a football signed for a nephew who recently had a similar injury to Jaylen Ratliff’s (dirt bike incident very close to where Jaylen had his accident) and several players, coaches, and TStan all expressed concern, and one (I believe it was Tyler Meriwether) specifically stated he would say a prayer for him.
I think you were behind us in the tunnel (near the front ).my kiddo had the star wars flag .

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Best Fan Day of the past 5. Weather was better, crowd was a little less or the lines moved faster ( I got around to everybody for the first time). I got to speak with CPJ, Nate Woody, and Syn Days, and the players were upbeat, engaging, friendly, respectful, and some even playful. It was a really good experience. I learned that CPJ's daughter has a new contract and will be working in Arizona, that DeFoor is now full time at tackle, that Dolphus is in a cast from his hand to his elbow, that Lucus is wearing a boot and may know more on Monday, that Nate Woody is the real deal, that Syn Days is as big a hero as I thought, that Hamp Gibbs is really hiped up along with many others, and lots of things learned about Niceville and Juanyeh Thomas from his delightful Mom. Best of all I spent the day with my daughter who is as big a GT football fan as I.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
A lady from the athletic department was in line ahead of me. She was impressed how patient the customers/ fans were. (She was in line as a customer herself.

She wasn’t exactly happy with the situation and I had the impression from talking with her that this kind of thing frequently frustrates the athletic dept. FWIW She was taking notes of the things that weren’t right.

Here's a question. For anyone who paid for their merchandise from the BDS bookstore with a debit or credit card. Is it showing on your account

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If you are an alum, email or write a letter to TStan and at the very beginning of the correspondence, tell him who you are, when you graduated, how many years you have contributed, etc, etc. That way, whoever screens his mail and emails will know at the start that you have some "credentials" of your own. I emailed TStan shortly after he arrived at Tech, asking him if he could address an ongoing problem that I won't go into here, but that did not involve me. I emailed it late one afternoon, and I had a response before noon the next day, and he took action to resolve the issue within two days. I doubt he would have ever even seen what I sent had I not explained up front who I am.
Wow supersize, you must be real important :p

Wow supersize, you must be real important :p
tumblr_lyr05rY4I61rof9x3o2_500.gif

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

This attitude (not you, but the “fans” you described) drives me nuts. They’re clearly alleged fans, as they are showing up for fan day, but then they’re threatening to not come back because of some inconvenience? It’s not even like they were discriminated against (something that can legitimately make you question your allegiance) or anything real, just couldn’t buy a shirt outside the stadium. If your fanhood is that shallow, why do you even care about getting autographs on a t-shirt anyway? Seriously, it’s like they freak out any time life isn’t handed to them on a platter. Makes no sense to me.
Edit: btw I’m not even trying to excuse the terrible job by the bookstore crew, because that’s just an embarrassing showing and looks like amateur hour. I’m only complaining about the entitled attitude among some “fans”

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
This attitude (not you, but the “fans” you described) drives me nuts. They’re clearly alleged fans, as they are showing up for fan day, but then they’re threatening to not come back because of some inconvenience? It’s not even like they were discriminated against (something that can legitimately make you question your allegiance) or anything real, just couldn’t buy a shirt outside the stadium. If your fanhood is that shallow, why do you even care about getting autographs on a t-shirt anyway? Seriously, it’s like they freak out any time life isn’t handed to them on a platter. Makes no sense to me.
Edit: btw I’m not even trying to excuse the terrible job by the bookstore crew, because that’s just an embarrassing showing and looks like amateur hour. I’m only complaining about the entitled attitude among some “fans”

You're right. But the thing is, tech has ZERO, I MEAN ZERO slip ups allowed to gaining new fans. It's horrendous as it is. They should be kissing as much a$$ as they possibly can to get fans in the stadium. They should pay Calvin a million just to shake hands every home game. They are shooting themselves in the foot year in and out. The lack of preparation is just mind blowing. Makes me question how this isnt micromanaged to a T. I feel like it's just a circus sometimes.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Our athletic association is selling an entertainment product, a totally elective purchase for consumers. Providing a negative experience is the worst possible thing they can do. But I'm sure the bookstore debacle is the fault of someone else, someone who won't be held accountable and things will continue as has been done in years past. There may be some good employees in the AA but I'm convinced there are also people there who don't have a clue or don't give a ****.

Last edited: