Fan attendance

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Hav eyou been to the benz? Don't really have that problem with those seats.
The Benz was not retrofitting seats into an existing space. Unless you remove every other row of bleachers at Bobby Dodd, there is barely enough room as is. I generally don't sit at all during Tech games because if I do, my knees are in the back or next to the shoulders of the person in front of me, and the person behind me has their knees in my back.

Last edited:

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
We had a teenager sitting in front of us wearing a navy polo with his dad. Someone who knew the family knew that he was a student at UGA and asked something about his allegiance. He unzipped his polo showing a dawg shirt underneath and said" Go Dogs" and zipped it back up. It was funny, a nice kid.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
80/20 would suggest there were only ~10k Tech fans in attendance, which I find VERY hard to believe since we've had ~30k every other game this season.

Once the full game is posted on youtube I'll go pull some screengrabs, but the crowd shown on TV did not at all look like the claims of a "Sea of Red" being made in this thread.

I'd lean 70/30 personally. There were a lot of black clad UGA fans there than normal with it being cold. But could be wrong. Hope I'm wrong lol. Just seemed like a ton.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Oh **** yeah 7ft is a different story lol
I do what I can...top row season tix, aisle seat at the benz. I have a hard time at Trusit park. Have to sit on the edge of my seat at McCamish due to the narrow seats. Life's tough to be a broke big & tall sports fan...and the people around me lol.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I do what I can...top row season tix, aisle seat at the benz. I have a hard time at Trusit park. Have to sit on the edge of my seat at McCamish due to the narrow seats. Life's tough to be a broke big & tall sports fan...and the people around me lol.
I can imagine being 7 feet tall and not able to play in the NBA does have its downside.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I'd lean 70/30 personally. There were a lot of black clad UGA fans there than normal with it being cold. But could be wrong. Hope I'm wrong lol. Just seemed like a ton.
You can tell who's who by who jumps up and yell when they score. Again, watch some video, especially of their score to make it 21-13. You'll see well less than half of the lower east at the north end stand up and yell. Yet, there are those who say that section was 70% mutts. I just don't buy it. Furthermore, the noise when Tech scored was greater than the noise when UGA scored. Tech fans were not in the minority the other night though it might have been close to 50/50. The only places that it truly looked like UGA had the majority was the lower east at the south end and the upper east. I couldn't see the upper west and north well.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I can't imagine that a significant number of Tech fans serious enough to purchase season tickets would be willing to risk selling them to mutt fans just to recoup a few bucks in the event they are unable to attend. Suppose it happens but agree it doesn't make sense,
Happens all the time. People can recoup their entire investment plus pay for part of the next year by selling seats to uga fans.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have. And the people in front of me and to the side of me ate not happy. I'm 7ft tall and will gladly take donations for a suite.
Just need to put you in the front row if sitting (with the gate in front of you so you can stretch your legs) or in the last row so you can stand and not block everyone's view. I seem to remember you're a lower west-side up under the overhang-guy.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Just need to put you in the front row if sitting (with the gate in front of you so you can stretch your legs) or in the last row so you can stand and not block everyone's view. I seem to remember you're a lower west-side up under the overhang-guy.
Lower east top row 121

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Get to about 45K and seats with backs. Would not affect season ticket numbers and could reduce the mutt fans.
Need to rip out the south end zone seats and put in premium seating with servers and food. Partner up with a big name in town like Sweetwater and Fox Bros.