Fan attendance

Swarm-Phinny

Georgia Tech Fan
Proud of everyone that showed up to the home games this year. Disappointed with our fans that don’t go to any games, or sales their tickets to Mutts.
It’s our job as fans to support any way we can. Buy tickets and support the NIL. With that being said we have to step up our game when it comes to attending home games.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
In our six home games we averaged 36,326 people per game (which is 66% of BDS' 55,000) a high of 51,447 (last night) and a low of 31,452 (vs SC State)

It is a 2,000 increase from last year's average. Last year saw us have a game below 30K for the first time since the 80's. This season, we didn't drop below 30K once.

Not great numbers but glad to see a small uptick. With the improved play on the field this year, the crowds should rise more in 2024.

Also... personal note. The crowds this year were LOUD! Especially at games like UNC, Cuse, and UgA. If that's what we can do with 36K... imagine the noise we can make with full crowds on the regular again!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Crowds each game:
SC State: 31,452
Bowling Green: 30,097
Boston College: 35,656
North Carolina: 35,945
Syracuse: 33,332
Georgia: 51,447

Compared to last year where we drew
36,486, 40,293, 32,041, 29,362, and 33,857

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
We went 3-3 at home this year... the wins coming vs SC State, UNC, and Cuse and the L's coming against BG, BC, and the mutts.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I think after seeing how the team has improved, some of our fans-in-hiding will be coming to Bobby Dodd to support the Jackets. It’s tough to support a 3 win team, but win and they will come.
The hard core fans will support at all times, but more casual fans will not. More casual fans Will support more as the team wins. It’s this way almost everywhere only Tech has fewer hardcore fans than most of the SEC schools that surround us. Winning brings all fans back.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the medium to longer term plan is to remove capacity and add more premium options. That should help to raise the ratio.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing that will help with UGA game attendance is to call out the season ticket holders in your section who gave them to mutts. I know Ill have words with two groups in my section at the first game at BDS next year. Simply unexcusable. I travel over 600 miles for Tech games and I sure as hell don't need to listen to some mutt bark in my ear for three hours because a Tech "fan" wanted to make a few hundred dollars.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing that will help with UGA game attendance is to call out the season ticket holders in your section who gave them to mutts. I know Ill have words with two groups in my section at the first game at BDS next year. Simply unexcusable. I travel over 600 miles for Tech games and I sure as hell don't need to listen to some mutt bark in my ear for three hours because a Tech "fan" wanted to make a few hundred dollars.
It makes absolutely no sense to me why anyone would do this. Why would you buy season tickets and go to a bunch of crappy, poorly attended games against directional community college teams, and then not go to the premier game on the schedule? Is it because you are afraid of being in the presence of the scumbag mutt fans? Thats about all I can figure. I know they are offensive, but have some backbone. I don’t buy the financial argument. I know tech fans are cheap, but damn.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Get to about 45K and seats with backs. Would not affect season ticket numbers and could reduce the mutt fans.
This makes sense for several reasons:

Our attendance demographic has unfortunately shifted older, and improving the stadium experience will help entice more of the older fans to attend. I understand that these geezers may not be the most vocal fans but let’s get butts in the seats, get folks excited about the program, and increase donations.

Sorry for those fans on a tight budget, but getting more revenue per seat with a smaller attendance ceiling can be better for total revenue than more ticket sales at cheaper prices.

Increasing the ticket price to purchase a better experience with a smaller capacity may discourage more visiting fans than Tech fans. I could be wrong about this for uga fans, who will take out a second mortgage on their single-wide to buy tickets. :unsure:

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
It makes absolutely no sense to me why anyone would do this. Why would you buy season tickets and go to a bunch of crappy, poorly attended games against directional community college teams, and then not go to the premier game on the schedule? Is it because you are afraid of being in the presence of the scumbag mutt fans? Thats about all I can figure. I know they are offensive, but have some backbone. I don’t buy the financial argument. I know tech fans are cheap, but damn.
I can't imagine that a significant number of Tech fans serious enough to purchase season tickets would be willing to risk selling them to mutt fans just to recoup a few bucks in the event they are unable to attend. Suppose it happens but agree it doesn't make sense,

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Every year this thread is created. Just stop. Our fanbase did and has shown up. This is where we are. It’s not like we have sinister GT fans sitting at home boycotting. We have built an alumni base that doesn’t care about athletics and then you throw in sucktitude for years and here we are. Our fanbase did a great job all season. We just need to grow more fans and not whine about people that don’t exist.

Yeah, it’s a great idea to yell at GT fans because you believe they had a dawg sitting in their seat. That’s brilliant. Let’s run off even more fans. Freaking win games and engage people to like GT and we’ll add fans.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Every year this thread is created. Just stop. Our fanbase did and has shown up. This is where we are. It’s not like we have sinister GT fans sitting at home boycotting. We have built an alumni base that doesn’t care about athletics and then you throw in sucktitude for years and here we are. Our fanbase did a great job all season. We just need to grow more fans and not whine about people that don’t exist.

Yeah, it’s a great idea to yell at GT fans because you believe they had a dawg sitting in their seat. That’s brilliant. Let’s run off even more fans. Freaking win games and engage people to like GT and we’ll add fans.
When we sell about 22K season tickets there are 33K tickets available to the public. GT fans can do math

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Is it because you are afraid of being in the presence of the scumbag mutt fans? Thats about all I can figure. I know they are offensive, but have some backbone. I don’t buy the financial argument. I know tech fans are cheap, but damn.
I don't think anyone is afraid. However, being in the presence of some many drunk and obnoxious adults acting like teenagers is definitely not all that much fun. It greatly detracted from my experience at a well contested football game in a beautiful night setting on a glorious fall day. I understand that not ALL Uga fans are drunk and obnoxious but I didn't see the first one of them intervene or try to reign in their peers. I got the sense that they were accustomed to such behavior and therefore resigned or tolerant of it. Sadly the only GT fan is my immediate area was a sidewalk fan who attends with his young daughter who IS a GT fan. I felt sorry for him having a 11-13 year old girl in that environment.

As I mentioned elsewhere I can more fully understand the mindset of people now who don't attend this game. I would like for the GTAA to issue them a credit towards next years season tix rather than have them sell them to Uga fans. I think most GT fans who don't want to expose themselves to such an environment would be amenable to such. Interestingly enough, if we were to squeeze out the Uga fans it would therefore bring a lot of the Tech fans back (now that we are employing a genuine - in both sense of the word - HC again).

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not is done properly. Older fans, which Tech has a lot don’t fare well in bleachers.
I have had homecoming seats in the upper west at times. I had season tickets for a few years in lower west. The upper west stands are really steep and nothing to hold on to when climbing up. It's hard for older fans to be in that section.Lower west not so much but I found after first year I better get Stinger seats or I lost some of my seating area.