Fall Camp Thread

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
You act like Mathew Jordan is Tim Tebow. He's a good ball player but there is a possibility someone may beat him out. So how will you act if that happens?
I just watched the spring game again last night, and the best operator of the offense was Martenson by a long shot. I need to see some improvement before I buy into all the hype surrounding the other 3.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I just watched the spring game again last night, and the best operator of the offense was Martenson by a long shot. I need to see some improvement before I buy into all the hype surrounding the other 3.

Didn't you read the practice reports on the AJC? Tobias Oliver is already running with the 2nd Team, so the answer may be "None of the Above". He's only been in practice for 3 days and already he's running with the 2's.

Tobias could be are starting QB first game!!!

:)

EDIT:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/t...a-tech-first-practice/0hagswGFM3LPpJkpiCGXNI/

The four quarterbacks – Matthew Jordan, TaQuon Marshall, Lucas Johnson and Jay Jones – were split up to run the two offenses that take turns running plays in practice. Freshman Tobias Oliver was given some reps with the No. 2 offense.

Tobias was running the 2's in the FIRST practice. He's definitely the starter by first game...

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Didn't you read the practice reports on the AJC? Tobias Oliver is already running with the 2nd Team, so the answer may be "None of the Above". He's only been in practice for 3 days and already he's running with the 2's.

Tobias could be are starting QB first game!!!

:)
I never count anyone out, I just thought CM looked crisp in the SG. If Tobias can come in and be our starter Day 1, I won't have any issues.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Cpj has never put the wrong qb as a starter in every year he has been here. Imo not sure why we even question it at this point. Maybe vad lee is the only debatable time.

Whoever he starts is truly our best option.

Cpj supplanted marshall for a true freshman mills because he was better at rb. He always puts the best skill guy out there

The only time I think paul could be questioned are some Ol choices. But. Even thats not clear cut.

I feel like we have some guys who can play at QB as Coach has said. You can't make much out of 7on7 on the first day of practice however. In fact it's more of a defensive drill than offensive. Now 11 on 11 equals out O and D because you have a run threat.
Almost every offensive system ends up being 10 offensive players against 11 defense because of the non-combatant role assigned to the quarterback. Our offense, especially with a physical qb like Nesbitt, Byerly or Jordan, requires the defense to account for one more running back on many plays.

A lot has been based on our win over VT last year. Watch the replay on YouTube. They made a bunch of mistakes that had nothing to do with our offense. In fact our offense was pretty lame in the first half and helped by a couple of penalties. MJ did play a decent 2nd half but we had worn their D out in the 1st half. He should be more confident as a 3rd year guy and let's all hope he has improved his passing and pitches on the edges this year.
Uncharacteristically, too. You would think Foster would have keen knowledge and experience going against us.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Almost every offensive system ends up being 10 offensive players against 11 defense because of the non-combatant role assigned to the quarterback. Our offense, especially with a physical qb like Nesbitt, Byerly or Jordan, requires the defense to account for one more running back on many plays.
That's the truth! We also don't have to block'em all when we run the double or triple!

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Cpj has never put the wrong qb as a starter in every year he has been here. Imo not sure why we even question it at this point. Maybe vad lee is the only debatable time.

Whoever he starts is truly our best option.

Cpj supplanted marshall for a true freshman mills because he was better at rb. He always puts the best skill guy out there

The only time I think paul could be questioned are some Ol choices. But. Even thats not clear cut.
He's also the one who hired (and continues to keep) those defensive coaches you continually talk about. How about we let Paul continue to make those decisions. He's done a fantastic job. After all he's the expert!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
He's also the one who hired (and continues to keep) those defensive coaches you continually talk about. How about we let Paul continue to make those decisions. He's done a fantastic job. After all he's the expert!
The offense under CPJ has proven themselves the D has not. That's not only reason people talk about the D.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
While I think we will be better on d ,
I say we do on the defense something like what we did on the offense post 15.

When ol had communicating issues in 15 and young skill backs weren't crisp, we add staff on offense.

We added west to work w sewalk and presto we end year with 3 true freshmen (2 relatively unknown) playing very well in last few games. IMO amazing. For the young backs we have 2 ex TO qb - coaches tevin washijnton and the navy qb Candeto. Lots of eyes and help in practice and games.
Surely we could add a young dt type to help pelton and roof. I sit row 6 right behind defense huddle. Coach roof is often sitting with lb doing x o when the o is back on field.
Coach roof needs more coaching help = send $ .
. I am very optimistic about the db this year.