Fall Camp Post Practice

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
CGC has turned GT into a branding machine. Part of that is coaches driving certain themes, and answering certain questions with the same message. If anything, GT football is focusing and becoming more corporate in the marketing and branding sense. That's a good thing.

Yeah I agree. It's absolutely on brand. But it also matches what we are actually doing. And by all accounts we've seen the players are loving it and building relationships with each other, staff, and staff's family. A corporate message that has actual substance and is built from genuine connection -- that's tremendous. Let's hope it's not all hype and we see our team value the adversity that's sure to hit soon.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I agree. It's absolutely on brand. But it also matches what we are actually doing. And by all accounts we've seen the players are loving it and building relationships with each other, staff, and staff's family. A corporate message that has actual substance and is built from genuine connection -- that's tremendous. Let's hope it's not all hype and we see our team value the adversity that's sure to hit soon.

Yes, I also think it's tremendous, but going forward, it all starts on the 29th.
Not if we win or lose, but how we show up and how we compete, that will make it real and not just a hype machine.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
What sort of specific information are you looking for from the CB coach on a random day after fall camp practice? Basically everyone of these interviews during camp are going to be qualitative, vague, "coach speak".

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Season ending injury due to kiddy slides. Just saying.

Glad they are having a good time. Lets hope they stay as hype when the going gets tough

Lol. I didn't see a lot of water flowing through there. Gonna be a lot of treatment for skin burns tomorrow.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ch-wednesday-practice/qKsC7ZETOegtpaNukVjdsM/

Sounds like it's out of necessity, but this is a move I wanted to see for a LONG time now:

Safety Tariq Carpenter took some snaps at linebacker in 11-on-11 work. Juanyeh Thomas and Christian Campbell were behind him at safety. The linebacker group was a little thinned as Charlie Thomas is out with an injury. The safety group is the deepest on the defense, and this could be a way for more players at that position to get on the field. It is another example of coach Geoff Collins’ plan to train players at different positions and gain versatility.

That dude can bring some lumber, and his speed and ability to cover ground is going to make him a really good fit for modern spread offenses.

That transfer Allen from ND could be a LB also.--215 and he tackles like Thomas or better.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Season ending injury due to kiddy slides. Just saying.

Glad they are having a good time. Lets hope they stay as hype when the going gets tough

Happened to me in a stupid bouncy house that was put up between the dorms. We turned it into Wrestle Mania and I broke my nose.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I also think it's tremendous, but going forward, it all starts on the 29th.
Not if we win or lose, but how we show up and how we compete, that will make it real and not just a hype machine.
I think we will be good and bad but most importantly, we will get better "quickly".

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
While all that's true I'm surprised to not really hear a single negative about anyone. It doesn't really mean anything, but it's hard for most people to talk about their colleagues without spontaneously offering criticism. Either that suggests to me the guys are way ahead of expectations, the coaches are above board in their approach to building guys up, or both.
Or that the players are afraid of being at all pessimistic because they fear it will impact their chances to play. Also, Coach has prioritized a team ethos that depends on relentless group pressure to conform to a message of relentless optimism and to what he he trying to sell. He isn't the first coach to do this nor will he be the last.

Is this the reason for the team being so enthusiastic? I don't know and I expect that we never will until later when the glitter wears off some. Personally, I'm hoping that you are right and what we see is what we get. But this is a possibility.