Fall Camp Post Practice

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The way to negate pressure on the QB is to have him run the ball. The way to get the RBs free is for the QB to run the ball. The way to get the WRs open is to have the QB run the ball. If we look like Kansas State when Jesse Ertz was there or Utah when Alex Smith was there or Ole Miss when Bo Wallace was there, we succeed. If we try to a more pass oriented attack, we don't. Use the talent we have at QB, iow. They can all run and that ought to be a threat every time we line up.

But all that depends on how we play - wait for it - D. If we are better over there, then everything will suddenly get simpler. We'll see soon enough.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I love all the posts that use the last 11 years of crap D and the 30 stylistic O to project to this years team. There is not one thing about this team, this year, that will remotely mimic the last 11 years. All three phases the schemes could not be MORE different. We literally are 180. We could not have gone out and hand picked a more opposite approach to the last 11 years than we have in scheme, coach personality, team organization, practice organization, process. Its literally almost opposite. The items are too long to list. Even practices are 2-3 times faster, more plays with DJs, music, hype boards lol....we run two live 11 on 11 scrimmages at the same time folks.

about all the same is the name of GT and most of the players, who will now be asked to be opposite basically; so in my view what anyone says about this team based on anything prior is silly...like can the OL block. We don't know. We haven't seen them long enough in this scheme to judge. What I do know, is almost no OL can passpro consistently and effectively in the old scheme. Just by design. And thats ok; that was the design; and what I do know, is most OL in the new scheme, are much more adept to passpro, by design; so if I were to bet, I would say yeah, we should be better....but by the same token, as a total output, its hard to beat some of our offenses in the past. Period. So, we may not be totally better on that side.

Sp Teams and Defensively...we better be....and should be. Just listen to Curry comments in ACC media days. How they are way more detailed oriented on D, doing things and attention to technique and detail they never did.

What is funny, is he said this 8 months after a person under cpj, while cpj was here, said that we struggle on D because no one is paying attention to details. So my hope is, we should get better there as a program and the total sum of recruiting, better D, better Sp teams, and decent enough O make us more consistent contenders...thats the hope

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The way to negate pressure on the QB is to have him run the ball. The way to get the RBs free is for the QB to run the ball. The way to get the WRs open is to have the QB run the ball. If we look like Kansas State when Jesse Ertz was there or Utah when Alex Smith was there or Ole Miss when Bo Wallace was there, we succeed. If we try to a more pass oriented attack, we don't. Use the talent we have at QB, iow. They can all run and that ought to be a threat every time we line up.

But all that depends on how we play - wait for it - D. If we are better over there, then everything will suddenly get simpler. We'll see soon enough.

I’m sure our QB’s will be runnng plenty, probably for their lives. Hopefully get some decent yardage while they’re
at it....

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
From my understanding, only time we’ll see Carpenter at LB is Dime or Dollar. I believe I mentioned it in the Spring thread, but the biggest reason why CC and Riq was close was bc Riq was too big and out of shape. Dude was 235lbs! It wouldn’t surprise me at if Demetrius Knight is starting or getting major reps by game 5 or 6 2 or 3

FIFY.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Sp Teams and Defensively...we better be....and should be. Just listen to Curry comments in ACC media days. How they are way more detailed oriented on D, doing things and attention to technique and detail they never did.

What is funny, is he said this 8 months after a person under cpj, while cpj was here, said that we struggle on D because no one is paying attention to details. So my hope is, we should get better there as a program and the total sum of recruiting, better D, better Sp teams, and decent enough O make us more consistent contenders...thats the hope

CPJ was definitely a guy that depended on his team to be accountable and self-motivated and his success hinged upon his players functioning as leaders. That is overall commendable and a welcome contrast to the toxic authoritarian or permissive programs out there. I do think it wouldn't fly everywhere, which is why Tech and Navy were good stops for him.

I see CGC similarly but also heavily focused on developing leadership and culture from the top. Hopefully he's also able to step back when the team is hooding itself accountable.

I think CPJ decided to retire because he realized he couldn't have sustained success with merely having ideals and relying on individuals to be self-motivated and self-organizing into functioning leadership. He had to be more directly involved and provide more discipline and structure than is rewarding for him. Maybe a sign of changing culture -- a more realistic reason for the game passing him by than an antiquated offense.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I can understand. He has a motor like Burnett did but with much better size to him. This guy should be a beast for us. I think he'll have his redshirt burned early and we'll see him be rotated in a lot by the time we hit the meat of our schedule.

And great speed, maybe fastest LB for us since Brandon Watts?

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
Has there been any update(s) about the health of the team coming out of camp?

Seems like there was very little injuries this year. This is based on the information that has reached this person.

Hope all are well!

THWG.

That is all.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Wow. That's the best interview I have watched, including any I have seen from Collins. You can feel his passion for being the best teammate he can possibly be. Glad this guy is on our team and can't wait to see what he can do.

What a solid guy. When you build a team with several of those kind of guys, with that type of character (along with ability, of course), you’ve got something.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I love all the posts that use the last 11 years of crap D and the 30 stylistic O to project to this years team. There is not one thing about this team, this year, that will remotely mimic the last 11 years. All three phases the schemes could not be MORE different. We literally are 180. We could not have gone out and hand picked a more opposite approach to the last 11 years than we have in scheme, coach personality, team organization, practice organization, process. Its literally almost opposite. The items are too long to list. Even practices are 2-3 times faster, more plays with DJs, music, hype boards lol....we run two live 11 on 11 scrimmages at the same time folks.

about all the same is the name of GT and most of the players, who will now be asked to be opposite basically; so in my view what anyone says about this team based on anything prior is silly...like can the OL block. We don't know. We haven't seen them long enough in this scheme to judge. What I do know, is almost no OL can passpro consistently and effectively in the old scheme. Just by design. And thats ok; that was the design; and what I do know, is most OL in the new scheme, are much more adept to passpro, by design; so if I were to bet, I would say yeah, we should be better....but by the same token, as a total output, its hard to beat some of our offenses in the past. Period. So, we may not be totally better on that side.

anyone notice that monday evening, 10 hours after my post what collins said in the radio show? Anyone notice he used the 180 term and could not have regurgitated what I said more in kind?

anyone, anyone...hmmmmmmm??? ironic.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
anyone notice that monday evening, 10 hours after my post what collins said in the radio show? Anyone notice he used the 180 term and could not have regurgitated what I said more in kind?

anyone, anyone...hmmmmmmm??? ironic.

Did we notice that your post just regurgitated things CGC has been saying for the last 8 months?

Yes, yes we did ... :)