Fall Camp Post Practice

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
RB drills from today

Jamious starts his rep at 0:04 and hes the 4th to go. COULD THIS MEAN HE IS 4TH STRING?????

In all seriousness I'm hungry for some meaningful updates.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Holy sheeeeeit it’s fall camp. It’s happening. It’s really happening, guys.

But foreal, though. When do we get some news? Something. ANYTHING. I’m dying over here
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
RB drills from today

Jamious starts his rep at 0:04 and hes the 4th to go. COULD THIS MEAN HE IS 4TH STRING?????

In all seriousness I'm hungry for some meaningful updates.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No I dont think that's what it means! I'd be shocked.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Collins is always so on brand. I Love the intensity and passion. I hope it translates on the field. It sounds like the staff is putting in as much work as the kids (breaking down practice film right after practice then later in the night).

Camp needs to be the first guy off the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Love it that coach is branding ATL with gt.
He is taking entire team to a braves game and an Atlanta united soccer game. Also seniors will go to a Falcons game.
Great pr at game, great experience for players, and FANTASTIC RECRUITING REFERENCE. All the players will spread the word on thier social media . ATL take over - genius at low cost high impact branding.

If this guy can coach and team does well this year, we could have a great signing class for 20 and get a fast start in 21.

Cant we have nice things.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Love it that coach is branding ATL with gt.
He is taking entire team to a braves game and an Atlanta united soccer game. Also seniors will go to a Falcons game.
Great pr at game, great experience for players, and FANTASTIC RECRUITING REFERENCE. All the players will spread the word on thier social media . ATL take over - genius at low cost high impact branding.

If this guy can coach and team does well this year, we could have a great signing class for 20 and get a fast start in 21.

Cant we have nice things.

Yes. The most important point you made is in the opening of your third paragraph: “If this guy can coach and team does well this year ...” and in the closing of the same: “... we could have a great signing class for 20 ...”

High school football kids aren’t stupid. Coach Collins better perform on the field in order to back up all of his talk. If he doesn’t, then the kids will think he’s all fluff and will look elsewhere.

One year will not be adequate, though. As I’ve said in this forum numerous times, it will take a minimum of five years—through 2023–to validate or invalidate Coach Collins’s performance as a head football coach.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yes. The most important point you made is in the opening of your third paragraph: “If this guy can coach and team does well this year ...” and in the closing of the same: “... we could have a great signing class for 20 ...”

High school football kids aren’t stupid. Coach Collins better perform on the field in order to back up all of his talk. If he doesn’t, then the kids will think he’s all fluff and will look elsewhere.

One year will not be adequate, though. As I’ve said in this forum numerous times, it will take a minimum of five years—through 2023–to validate or invalidate Coach Collins’s performance as a head football coach.

I think year 1 will be more about how we look than what our W-L record is. Recruits will want to see we can pass the ball and create some mayhem on defense. As to being judged on his long term record, that would be true of any coach and was true of CPJ, as well.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think year 1 will be more about how we look than what our W-L record is. Recruits will want to see we can pass the ball and create some mayhem on defense. As to being judged on his long term record, that would be true of any coach and was true of CPJ, as well.
It's always about W-L records. If not why keep the score?

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree on this. It is always funny to me people who say he is talking a big game, he better back it up. What do you think will happen if he doesn’t talk a big game? That if he underperforms he will get more time? It’s better to be positive and talk a big game all the time. It’s marketing and branding in today’s world, where people have so many options, they won’t hear you at all. This mentality of being afraid to say what you expect or want out loud is week.