Fall Ball (2019)

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll take a stab at it. I'll go with Roedig, Hughes, and Bartnicki on the weekends. Then Maxwell or Brace during the weekday. I guess closer will be Archer.

I'll agree except I'll flip Archer and Bartnicki. Gapanther on the other site was hinting that they may look at Archer in the rotation. Seems like in the Cape league, Bartnicki did some closing as well.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'll agree except I'll flip Archer and Bartnicki. Gapanther on the other site was hinting that they may look at Archer in the rotation. Seems like in the Cape league, Bartnicki did some closing as well.
Yeah he did close in the Cape league. I just like having a lefty in the rotation to provide a different look.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll take a stab at it. I'll go with Roedig, Hughes, and Bartnicki on the weekends. Then Maxwell or Brace during the weekday. I guess closer will be Archer.

I can't argue with any of above... but I wonder if Hughes may be closer option.

I'm also always hopeful (esp this year with Borrell onboard) a freshman will emerge as a weekend arm. Maxwell?

Help me remember... Hurter is coming off TJ, right? What is Chapman's deal?

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
From @JacketOff over this past summer:
"Archer will be back. The reason he wasn’t on the roster after his injury was because it occurred before the deadline to post the official 35 man roster. Mannelly, Miller, Hurter, etc. stayed on the roster because they were already on it when the season started. He should be close to, if not back to, 100% by early Feb. because he didn’t get a full Tommy John repair. Mannelly and Hurter will likely miss the entirety of next season unfortunately."

@JacketOff Really has his finger on the pulse of what's going on GT Baseball wise and I think @RoosterJacket does too.
I took my kids to see the White and Gold games, and from what I can tell is either the batters weren't doing well or the pitchers were amazing.
My baseball husband was working so I couldn't ask him what the deal was.
Also didn't Bartnicki and Roedig start as freshman last year? It seems they held their own with the amazing hitting talents of last season (English, McCann, Waddel, Guldberg to name a few) along with defense. (Whilhites,Webb to come mind)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
From @JacketOff over this past summer:
"Archer will be back. The reason he wasn’t on the roster after his injury was because it occurred before the deadline to post the official 35 man roster. Mannelly, Miller, Hurter, etc. stayed on the roster because they were already on it when the season started. He should be close to, if not back to, 100% by early Feb. because he didn’t get a full Tommy John repair. Mannelly and Hurter will likely miss the entirety of next season unfortunately."

@JacketOff Really has his finger on the pulse of what's going on GT Baseball wise and I think @RoosterJacket does too.
I took my kids to see the White and Gold games, and from what I can tell is either the batters weren't doing well or the pitchers were amazing.
My baseball husband was working so I couldn't ask him what the deal was.
Also didn't Bartnicki and Roedig start as freshman last year? It seems they held their own with the amazing hitting talents of last season (English, McCann, Waddel, Guldberg to name a few) along with defense. (Whilhites,Webb to come mind)
Roedig started out of necessity towards the end of the year and pitched great in the ACC Championship game. Bartnicki came out of the pen. He was mostly effective, but had some games where he lost his control which bloated his ERA. I expect him to be more consistent this year.

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Roedig started out of necessity towards the end of the year and pitched great in the ACC Championship game. Bartnicki came out of the pen. He was mostly effective, but had some games where he lost his control which bloated his ERA. I expect him to be more consistent this year.

UGH! I totally forgot you @THWG , You definitely have your finger on the pulse of GT baseball, and your predictions usually come true.
I always read your comments then think back, "Yup, @THWG , was right about that."

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I did see the third game of the G&W world series, so I do have some knowledge (?) of the team. I want to throw out number 29, Jackson Arnold as our dark horse pitcher. He is from Auburn, Ala. and the natives were upset that we got him. He did pitch 4 innings the day I was there. I don't believe he gave up any runs. I've also heard good things about Brody Westbrooks, although he did not pitch when I was there.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I did see the third game of the G&W world series, so I do have some knowledge (?) of the team. I want to throw out number 29, Jackson Arnold as our dark horse pitcher. He is from Auburn, Ala. and the natives were upset that we got him. He did pitch 4 innings the day I was there. I don't believe he gave up any runs. I've also heard good things about Brody Westbrooks, although he did not pitch when I was there.
Everything I've read about Arnold points to him being a good pitcher for us. He has the makeup that you want for a starter. It wouldn't surprise me to see him start the weekday games this year. We have a lot of talented freshman pitchers which is a nice change.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Everything I've read about Arnold points to him being a good pitcher for us. He has the makeup that you want for a starter. It wouldn't surprise me to see him start the weekday games this year. We have a lot of talented freshman pitchers which is a nice change.
You TWO!

...it takes so little for me to get visions of weekend series sweeps & winning tight games & beating UGA (again) & dogpiling in May/June.

What was it PT Barnum said? ;)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nothing I'm seeing would indicate it is on TV. My "guide" shows SEC volleyball during that time slot.

I looked more this morning and couldn't find anything. Will check

Did find this Danny Hall interview (starts at 17:25). https://ramblinwreck.com/podcast-from-the-flats-episode-37/ Sorry if it's a repost. Like the discussion about Borrell and recruiting 15-16 year olds. Didn't know Borrell caught bullpens so that he gets a better perspective on catching. Having had a good year last year has to make us optimistic this year even with the turnover. Turnover is true for all good teams. Having the #4 recruiting class helps. Several Fr are showing out. Hall wants to see if they throw strikes when they play other teams.

Call out for Luke at 2nd who looks to be lead off hitter. BTW, I'll miss the Ninja the most this year.

BTW, I'll do an "Arms 2020" Post with all potential pitchers and consolidated info. Looking back at past years, I'll not make any predictions as they seem to be more like curses.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I looked more this morning and couldn't find anything. Will check

Did find this Danny Hall interview (starts at 17:25). https://ramblinwreck.com/podcast-from-the-flats-episode-37/ Sorry if it's a repost. Like the discussion about Borrell and recruiting 15-16 year olds. Didn't know Borrell caught bullpens so that he gets a better perspective on catching. Having had a good year last year has to make us optimistic this year even with the turnover. Turnover is true for all good teams. Having the #4 recruiting class helps. Several Fr are showing out. Hall wants to see if they throw strikes when they play other teams.

Call out for Luke at 2nd who looks to be lead off hitter. BTW, I'll miss the Ninja the most this year.

BTW, I'll do an "Arms 2020" Post with all potential pitchers and consolidated info. Looking back at past years, I'll not make any predictions as they seem to be more like curses.
Luke is at SS, not 2nd.