1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Fall Ball (2019)

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Baseball' started by FredJacket, Aug 19, 2019.

1. FredJacket

FredJacket Helluva Engineer

2. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

3. FredJacket

It looks like the assistant coaches will allow us to be a little more connected. It probably won't be too much substance... but better than nothing.

4. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Hope these games are going to be on ACC Network!

Things will be sorted out by then as to service providers. I liked the past years when most games were on ESPN3. Now will probably have to find a carrier that has ACC Network. I'll give Sling a month or two. There aren't many compelling football games for us till UNC on 5 October and that is before out Fall Ball games.

5. GTNavyNuke

I think Ramsey is doing awesome things with the team. Just what is needed - energy all year long.

6. FredJacket

Early call on my part... CDH successor controversy? I kid.

7. GTNavyNuke

No controversy at all. Ramsey taking over would fulfill my three mid-season wishes from last year. 1) a new 3B, 2) a new pitching coach and 3) a new HC. As is, I think we are most of the way there since Hall has seceded to the younger Ramsey and Borrell. I think we are fabulously positioned for 2021. 2020 will be rocky to start with weak pitching experience. Maybe make a run at the endof 2020. But definately post season competitive (Omaha) by 2021.

augustabuzz, THWG and FredJacket like this.
  8. FredJacket

Feels weird getting ANY information this time of year.

9. senoiajacket

senoiajacket Helluva Engineer

Whooaaaah

10. Southpawmac

Southpawmac Helluva Engineer

James Ramsey upping his twitter recruiting this offseason. Really excited the direction the program is headed. I think Ramsey and DBo are gonna user in a new golden age on the flats.

11. GTNavyNuke

Sports are entertainment. We are going in the right direction.

I don't know who to credit; TStan or Collins or Hall for changing what we are seeing. But it is damn good. Credit them all.

12. FredJacket

13. FredJacket

Data!! No info on location... one step at a time. ;)

CTJacket, tkh74, GTNavyNuke and 3 others like this.
  14. GTNavyNuke

Another thing to watch is our injury rate. If this helps detect bad motions or weakening arms quicker and that lessens injuries, that's another bonus. I think Borrell said something t that effect at one time. Maybe our past high injury rate could .......... :whistle:

I don't see how this will do anything but help pitcher recruiting as well as performance. And for the really good pitchers, help convince them to come to colege for development rather than go t the minors. This should help in borderline cases, not the pitchers with a $1M signing bonus.

CTJacket and FredJacket like this.
  15. Southpawmac

Agree. To me this was a slam dunk hire. You can go to the minors and get coached by someone like DBo, but he is going to have way more pitchers to focus on and you could get lost in the crowd. If you come to Tech, you get the same proven MLB level pitching development on a daily basis without having to worry about getting lost in the size of the organization.

CTJacket, augustabuzz, THWG and 2 others like this.
  16. senoiajacket

senoiajacket Helluva Engineer

GT, PictcherU!!!!

17. GTNavyNuke

I'm finding myself irrationally exhuberent about the future of GT baseball. This is part of it.

18. FredJacket

HEY! NOW we're getting location info too. :)

CINCYMETJACKET, augustabuzz and THWG like this.
  19. GTNavyNuke

Oooohhh, those stats give me goosebumps.

Which Fr pitcher? My guess is Zach Maxwell (who was drafted by Yankees). Or it may be a rFr though less likely.

Is 6'9" extension distance from rubber where ball is released? I'll need to read these during the FB game today .. great videos of release and spin on FB, curve, slider, etc ... chores first ..... one quote that jumped out:
    "ARE PITCHERS WITH HIGHER SPIN RATES MORE LIKELY TO BE INJURED?
    No, not that we can tell.
    Though there is a growing belief that drastic changes in spin rate (usually sharp decreases) can be a sign of an injury or pending injury."
    https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-what-we-know-now/
    https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/2016/11/spin-rate-part-ii-spin-axis-useful-spin/

FredJacket likes this.
  20. Southpawmac

Yeah extension measures home much closer to home plate the release point happens compared to the rubber.