Extension Agreement

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
honestly, the smart move by Johnson and his lawyer is to slow play this to see how far GT goes this year

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
It appears that Nebraska just hired Mike Riley of Oregon State. Looks like we can breathe a sigh of relief, but that doesn't mean the AA needs drag this process out unnessecarily.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What we'll miss when Coach retires (let it be that) is his enormous experience with the O. He's seen every D known to man up against it multiple times in game situations. That's one reason why we are so good at making adjustments during the game, especially after the half. His disciples are good at that too, but nobody tops the master.

I freely admit that I'll miss that. I always know there's something in his brain that he'll spring at the right time (nobody knows better how to wait for that, imho). But with any kind of luck we'll have him around for years to come.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
The coaches GT has had in the last 47 years have, except for Johnson, been coaches who saw the GT job as a way station on the road to a better place. Johnson, I believe from reading his comments, considers GT as his final home. I hope I am correct. No, I pray I am correct!