Extension Agreement

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If it proves true that he lobbies to get multi year (2 or more) contracts for the coaching staff and to increase recruiting staff, that tells me that CPJ is wanting to make GT a stronger football presence and not just to make a buck for him.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I'm just a little bit skeptical of the "inside info." I read the same stuff on the rivals insider board and jelly quinlan tweets. Not trying to start anything just saying

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Please explain how things got interesting

I am sure things will come to light in the future...I was just told this morning by a coach on our staff that he was scared for awhile...and our top $$$ donor told me basically the same...and he has been riding MBob pretty hard.

As far as skeptical of inside info...I am not sure what you mean by saying you read the same stuff on the Rivals insider board...I post what I am told from my sources and that is all...If you don't want to believe what I post then that is fine...no hard feelings either way. I just post what I am told.

All that matters in the end is that the deal got done.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
If you're talking about Greg Garrett, he is vocal but I don't think he is our largest donor.

I heard mbob doesn't "like" cpj. I think that's bull****. It's business and cpj isn't a cupcake.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
If you're talking about Greg Garrett, he is vocal but I don't think he is our largest donor.

I heard mbob doesn't "like" cpj. I think that's bull****. It's business and cpj isn't a cupcake.
If he didn't like him he wouldn't extend him

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Gregg is a big one, but no he isn't the largest.

That is BS...CPJ and M-Bob actually have a fine relationship from what I was told.

Yeah the whole Johnson/Bobinski "rift" story is sort of quizzical. From the interviews I've heard, whatever happened in the offseason is water under the bridge.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes you don't always like/agree with decisions made in a business setting. That does not mean the parties involved don't like working together. The deal got done, and that is all I really care about. I did not like the MBob hire personally, but I don't think he has done a bad job. All I heard was there was a lot of back and forth, but CPJ stood his ground and the donors pushed MBob to end the negotiations.