Expectations for the 2021 season

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
When I spent time with FTRS years ago the mods had to constantly reign in posters who wanted CPJ gone and got over the top with intemperate remarks. 2014 slowed them down for a season but then they were back at it with a vengeance. That’s part of being a fan and I get that. BUT WHAT I DON’T understand is why, if you got your way, the old coach is gone, and you now have the kind offensive system you’ve always wanted, why do you need to keep bashing the old guy that is gone?

Seems like we ought to be able to move on.
Consider to whom you are referring. I recall a certain individual (who has posted in this thread) proclaiming in December of 2007 on another message board that GT would never defeat Georgia with Paul Johnson as head coach. Obviously, this individual despised CPJ before he even coached a game at GT. I should, unfortunately, expect this individual to have trouble "letting go".

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
My expectations for this season were that we wouldn't have yet another thread derailed over insults to a coach who retired 3 years ago....

Clearly an unreasonable expectation...
the guy who started it was (I think?) chestbeating about CPJ’s OL recruiting prowness, wtf dude?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
So please explain 2014...all those guys that did not want to play for CPJ. Most of the OL players that came to Tech in that era did not come from high schools running his system. They came from systems that we run now. Also please explain all those bad lines that made his tenure one of the top offensive production teams. Explain why all those great OLs during Gailey years averaged 19 points a game?

coaching

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So please explain 2014...all those guys that did not want to play for CPJ. Most of the OL players that came to Tech in that era did not come from high schools running his system. They came from systems that we run now. Also please explain all those bad lines that made his tenure one of the top offensive production teams. Explain why all those great OLs during Gailey years averaged 19 points a game?

You don’t want a real explanation

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No not from you. Not really certain you know much about Tech football. Athlete really?
Put the drink down, you're starting to sound silly. He knows more about what happened at GT in the Gailey and early CPJ years than you will ever sniff. You're barking up the wrong tree here. I'm pretty sure if it came to a knowledge battle about football between @Coloradojacket and @Ibeeballin, it wouldn't even be a contest. @Coloradojacket would be found crying in the corner. (This was not personal, so don't take it personally. I'd say the same thing about @kg01 if he brought that in here, although he'd never say something that silly).

Put the drink down, you're starting to sound silly. He knows more about what happened at GT in the Gailey and early CPJ years than you will ever sniff. You're barking up the wrong tree here. I'm pretty sure if it came to a knowledge battle about football between @Coloradojacket and @Ibeeballin, it wouldn't even be a contest. @Coloradojacket would be found crying in the corner. (This was not personal, so don't take it personally. I'd say the same thing about @kg01 if he brought that in here, although he'd never say something that silly).
Oh, I know who he is. And no he does not know as much as I do. And being disrespectful to someone like me I find is disgusting. He is no Tech fan...trust me.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Miami, FSU and Clemson weren’t very good in the 67-71 timeframe. USC, Mich St, Tenn, Auburn and ND were all very good back then.
In 1967 the AP poll was only Top 10. 13 teams outside the Top 10 received votes of which FSU was 4th in line and daU was 6th. If it was Top 20 they’d have been 14th & 16th. 1968 the AP went to Top 20, FSU dropped of ranking after losing to LSU in Peach Bowl. Miami was ranked over half the season.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Oh, I know who he is. And no he does not know as much as I do. And being disrespectful to someone like me I find is disgusting. He is no Tech fan...trust me.

And you wonder why your credibility is a punchline to a joke now whenever you post. It’s the same recycled nonsense that you’ve been corrected on numerous times! It’s all “muh love CPJ” & “Texas Spread”.

Like i said, you don’t want to really know the answers. You just rather push the same, ol’ tired narrative that tends to make this this once great board unreadable.

Last edited:

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
They don’t do well outside of CPJ’s offensive scheme. Of course there are a few exceptions. But look at how many of CPJ recruited linemen play/played in the NFL. If you don’t accept that premis then discussing this with you is a waste of time.

And you wonder why your credibility is a punchline to a joke now whenever you post. It’s the same recycled nonsense that you’ve been corrected on numerous times! It’s all “muh love CPJ” & “Texas Spread”.

Like i said, you don’t want to really know the answers. You just rather push the same, ol’ tired narrative that tends to make this this once great board unreadable.
Then stop reading this board. Since you provide little insight and knowledge.

They don’t do well outside of CPJ’s offensive scheme. Of course there are a few exceptions. But look at how many of CPJ recruited linemen play/played in the NFL. If you don’t accept that premis then discussing this with you is a waste of time.
NFL who cares. You have never even talked to a Tech lineman, have you....I have. Learn something. talk to coaches around Georgia, I do, they all hold CPJ in high regard. Learn something before you post back to me.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
whoa, whoa, guys. Calm down. We are all on the same side here.

Here is what I know from being a GT fan for 25+ years. We ALWAYS do our best when there are lower expectations coming into the season. ALWAYS. So let them keep ranking us at the bottom. They won't see us coming. :)

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
NFL who cares. You have never even talked to a Tech lineman, have you....I have. Learn something.
The discussion is talent. The CPJ O line worked well in his system. It was very complex without a doubt. However, his O line players generally weren’t good in most other types of offense.
In the end of the day unless you run a very specialized system talent wins out. CPJ’s O line we’re not at the talent level to run the offense CGC envisions nor were they talented enough to play in the NFL.

What is your actual point. Basically you imply you are a fountain of knowledge, however, CPJ resigned and GT went in a different direction with its football program. You seem to have a hard time accepting that reality. Why?

Do you believe CPJ’s lineman would do well in the current GT offensive scheme? If so what do you base that on?