Expectations for the 2021 season

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Sims Gibbs us a chance in all our games this year.

Those highlights were electric!
OK, I am gullible but I still anticipate being steamrolled by Notre Dame, Clemson, and UGA with Miami and UNC being more or less run of the mill beatings. Two players, as good as they can sometimes be, are not enough against teams with superior line play on both sides of the ball.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
OK, I am gullible but I still anticipate being steamrolled by Notre Dame, Clemson, and UGA with Miami and UNC being more or less run of the mill beatings. Two players, as good as they can sometimes be, are not enough against teams with superior line play on both sides of the ball.

streamrolled? Your faith in us is mighty low

Exactly...that is why you scheme and put your players in the best chance to win. By throwing things at the other side they do not expect, which our current staff does not believe in.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
lol what?

Y’all just be talking here. View attachment 10829
What was interesting was that at 45-49% passing rate, Alabama was middle of the road. That's a whole lot of teams throwing over 50% - and those stats are 2013.

For interest, I checked GT's rate for that year (below) and we averaged around 25-30% with CPJ.

1626369768377.png

For comparison, last year Alabama 48% and a 3-yr average of 54%. GT was 42% . . . same as Wisconsin

Last edited:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
View attachment 10831

What was interesting was that at 45-49% passing rate, Alabama was middle of the road. That's a whole lot of teams throwing over 50% - and those stats are 2013.
For interest, I checked GT's rate and we averaged around 25% with CPJ.

For comparison, last year Alabama 48% and a 3-yr average of 54%. GT was 42% . . . same as Wisconsin

But we don’t play to our strengths tho?

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Their last losing season was 20 years ago. Since then they are 178-69 (.721) and have had 10 10+ win seasons. I don't care if we run, pass, or kick our way to a win, but I'd LOVE to be where Wisconsin is record wise right now.
Sure. Barry Alvarez started building the Wisconsin we know today over 30 years ago. To get to that point of consistent winning seasons it helps to be recruiting and building to that system for a decade prior. It's not as simple as "running more 2 back sets" and you win more games. (Not necessarily directed at you)

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Can we trade schedules?

There is a reason why Ohio State and Bama went away from that model & UGA trying to do same. You can’t win at a high level without adaptability from week to week.

Big 10 doesn't allow FCS opponents. Wiscy's SoS in 2019 was 9th. 52nd in 2018 (ours was 60th that year), 47th in 2017 (ours was 17th), 13th in 2016 (42 for GT), 66th for 2015 (14 GT). Their schedule is generally a tad easier than ours but with no FCS opponents and 9 conference games vs 8. I don't know that trading schedules with Wisconsin would dramatically increase our win total.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Sure. Barry Alvarez started building the Wisconsin we know today over 30 years ago. To get to that point of consistent winning seasons it helps to be recruiting and building to that system for a decade prior. It's not as simple as "running more 2 back sets" and you win more games. (Not necessarily directed at you)

Oh I agree with you. That's why I'm being patient with CGC.

By your logic, we should’ve passed every down under CPJ?
No, CPJs offense was designed to take advantage of numbers and to allow our line to utilize quickness to block. Also the defense could not attack as the play series run needed to have disciplined defense. While shotgun spread does not. It allows D lineman and LBs to come up and attack.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
No, CPJs offense was designed to take advantage of numbers and to allow our line to utilize quickness to block. Also the defense could not attack as the play series run needed to have disciplined defense. While shotgun spread does not. It allows D lineman and LBs to come up and attack.

Every offense is designed to take advantage numbers and attack voids in the defense.