Expectations for GT Football

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Nebraska put eight starters on D that game into NFL! I think 3-4 were 1st rounders, and yet we destroyed them.
Unfortunately, the Falcons being the sorry birds they are, drafted the much acclaimed corner back whose name escapes me that Rodriquez abused for a while and when he got bored, the guy on the other side Emmett Merchant took his turn. That guy did not last more than a year.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Unfortunately, the Falcons being the sorry birds they are, drafted the much acclaimed corner back whose name escapes me that Rodriquez abused for a while and when he got bored, the guy on the other side Emmett Merchant took his turn. That guy did not last more than a year.
Bruce pickens

also Nebraska had 2 drafted in the 1st in that draft. Pickens then mike croel. They went back to back.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Seems like, based upon my ever declining memory having seen most of those games in person including the Nebraska game was that the Cornhuskers were the best team but UVA had by far the best offense. Herman Moore and company were really great. Number one when we played them but collapsed down the stretch. Maryland and Clemson were also very good that year. It was not a weak schedule by any stretch but we had trouble with a couple of ordinary teams like UNC and Virginia Tech. I honestly believed after watching Tech's bowl game and Colorado's bowl game that if we played them 10 times we would win 7. IMHO
Yes, UVA,s offense was ridiculous with talent that year. Their downfall started the week before they played us when they lost that TE who hung almost 200 receiving yards on us the previous year. They still almost beat the SEC champs in the Sugar Bowl and S Moore couldn't throw more than 15 yards downfield. Sagarin had the ACC ranked 1st that year. Clemson caught UVA when they were loaded on offense and Tech. when we were loaded on defense. And, no one wanted to play Clemson at the end of the year.