Evaluate our opponents' recent coaching hires

Which of our opponents helped themselves the most with their coaching hire

• Total voters

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
No hopes shine as brightly as those on a losing football team after a new coach is hired and announces he will implement X, Y or Z, whichever is the most dominant and glamorous offensive scheme in the country, and that all that is left to be done is find the right QB, WRs, wide bodies on the interior, big and fast running backs, an OC who knows the offense, and a bunch of backups. After that, watch those wins roll in. That is why it was so easy to replace Dodd, Bryant, Parseghian, McKay, Broyles, et al, and the wins just kept on a'coming. And that is why four years later said university announces the hiring of a coach who knows the most dominant and glamorous offensive scheme ....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just read that
Mark R - donates $1,000,000 for indoor practice facility.
That's a statement that should create some buzz

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I disagree. I don't think winning 9-10 games a year at UGA is all that difficult. Look at this years 10 win team as an example. They didn't beat anyone. They literally out talented everyone they played even without a semi competent QB. I always felt that Richt was skating by on superior talent. You could argue that he brought that talent in but I think UGA would get that level of talent no matter who the coach is. When it came to on the field results he did a good job of beating most of the teams he should beat and very few of the ones that were an even matchup or UGA was an underdog. He also had way too many games where UGA inexplicably lost.

In his last 3/4 years that is almost exactly what people were saying about Bobby Dodd in this town.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Being a UGA grad I do love Richt and I want him to do well but damnit Mark why do you have to play GT every year?

My impression, almost every year we have played them, is that um has had as much if not more raw talent/speed than anyone we played the entire season. Anyone.

They have always, as well, been out coached too often - not motivated - misdirected - distracted by their own bs or who knows what. But they talent has always been there. It, now, will only get better. And will be better coached.

And up until now we are 2 - 6 vs them in the last 8 years.