European Soccer

Milwaukee

Banned
Neville dropping FACTS. Great interview, hell no to the European Super League. They’ve been planning this Super League for 4 years and it’s sounding like it’s actually gonna happen now. It will ruin the sport.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Neville dropping FACTS. Great interview, hell no to the European Super League. They’ve been planning this Super League for 4 years and it’s sounding like it’s actually gonna happen now. It will ruin the sport.

Super League is the super clubs' answer to UEFA supposedly making some changes to Champions League that some clubs don't like. Announced a day before UEFA is supposed to announce the changes. Just gamesmanship.

On another note, UEFA telling players they won't be allowed to play international soccer is BS. UEFA only effects European clubs, so basically they're stepping on the toes of other soccer federations. International soccer is the realm of FIFA. It's all a cartel anyhow.

Milwaukee

Banned
It really sucks that ESPN has the Euro 2020. They don’t know how to do soccer well. The presentation is awful and all the analysts are really tough to listen to in studio. Yesterday they had Rece Davis trying to do studio for Italy v Turkey, it was a train wreck. I love Rece but he’s out of his element. These 3 they have in studio today are even worse. Twellman is probably the best soccer analyst ESPN has and he’s not great, but I’ve yet to see him since the tourney started yesterday.
As for the tourney itself it should be great. I’m hoping to see a France/Portugal final or my personal favorite Belgium 🇧🇪 make it to the final.
I wish BeinSports had the $ to get the rights to these tourneys.

Milwaukee

Banned
Holy **** Erickson is down for Denmark. He might be dead on the pitch, they’re giving him CPR. I’ve never seen anything like this. Erickson is an international star plays for Tottenham in EPL.

omfg

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I have to agree with you. I am an avid soccer fan, and am amazed at how the game has grown here in the states, but our commentators simply don't know the game that well.

It tough to watch traditional American FOOTBALL reporters trying to comment on Futbol.

I think the Euro's are France's to lose

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Belgium with De Bruyne is a completely different team. They're a good team without him, but when he was subbed in it totally changed the tide for Belgium and they were slicing up Denmark's defense with ease.

Milwaukee

Banned
Belgium with De Bruyne is a completely different team. They're a good team without him, but when he was subbed in it totally changed the tide for Belgium and they were slicing up Denmark's defense with ease.
Definitely. When you take a top player in the world off it completely changes you, even a national team. He and Hazard went off again today, they both seem to be always battling something and they’re both tops in the world. Great match, I wanted to see Ronaldo put one through somehow though and also a Lukaku goal I’d have liked to see.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
France - Switzerland game is bonkers. Attractive game if you're a casual soccer fan, beauty of a game if you're a die hard soccer fan.

Should not even be close given all the world class players France have littering their team....but that's why you play the game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
France - Switzerland game is bonkers. Attractive game if you're a casual soccer fan, beauty of a game if you're a die hard soccer fan.

Should not even be close given all the world class players France have littering their team....but that's why you play the game.

...and the Swiss knock out the tournament favorites. Geez, France look dominant for a 5 minute stretch, but the game is more than 5 minutes. Swiss deservedly move on.