ESPN: Too-early Atlantic and Coastal Division winners

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If the D continues to improve and we find dept at Aback someone to step up at BBack and a receiving threat with JT and almost the entire Oline returning I see no reason not to win it. Other than a brutal schedule.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I'm only 24 but I've never been so excited about a football schedule in my life..soooo many great games for GT next year. I can't wait to see that ND matchup..FSU in Bobby Dodd should be magical. Not to mention the HUGE games between VT, Clemson, UNC, Duke, Miami and UGAg.....epic.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad to see the enthusiasm Sean. Us older guys are a little more reserved for a reason. Play 'em one game at a time. Preparation. Focus. Execution. Win.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
The truth is that we could be better next year...and not go to the ACC Championship game. Our cross-division games are Clemson and FSU. Clemson and FSU!!!! Granted, if we beat both, we'll probably be in good shape, but that is a tall task for any team. I guarantee VT, Miami, UNC, and Duke ALL have MUCH easier paths. One bad game and we might be sunk. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, and I believe in our team, but we have such a tougher road than any other Coastal team.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I would take 9-3 right now, as long as we beat UGAG again. Don't get me wrong. I want to go 12-0, and play for the championship again, but it will be difficult. Our D is not ready for prime time just yet, but I am cautiously optimistic about some incremental improvement. And the schedule is much tougher.......

Animal02

Banned
The truth is that we could be better next year...and not go to the ACC Championship game. Our cross-division games are Clemson and FSU. Clemson and FSU!!!! Granted, if we beat both, we'll probably be in good shape, but that is a tall task for any team. I guarantee VT, Miami, UNC, and Duke ALL have MUCH easier paths. One bad game and we might be sunk. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, and I believe in our team, but we have such a tougher road than any other Coastal team.
Scheduling will be key this year........lets see if the ACC tries to **** us again. There are all kinds of ways..........road Thursday night game following a road Sat game. back loading the schedule with Clemp, FSU, UM, and VT all late in the year, with bye weeks for some before they play us. 2014 was gift scheduling wise......I doubt that it will get repeated.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
You may want to retract Miami from your guarantee.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Crap! We all know how wrong they are about us--if they're saying we'll have a good shot at finishing at the top of our division, then...we're...

...DOOMED...

My hope is that they're so wrong-headed that they'll be wrong about being incorrect when they erroneously pick us not to do well.

[...getting dizzy...must sit down...deep breaths...]

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't worry about schedules. I really don't. The way I see it, eventually, you are going to have to beat the best anyway if you want to be a champion. We are a good team now. We should be a good team next fall. Let's just play the games and see where we stand.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
We have to beat uga at home this year... Most of our expectations will be met if we pull out that W. Meaning, if we are good enough to beat uga on 11/28, then we are good enough to beat everyone else on our schedule.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
In ancient wrestling, tournaments gave byes to competitors based on sometimes very complex rules. Bye matches were considered a huge advantage, and in Latin the word for 'without a bye' simultaneously describes doing things the hard way and being a badass. I have no fear of who we play. We'll see how tough the schedule is when we find out when we play.