ESPN says we have

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Reg did pretty well as Tech's QB. His problem was that he got hurt when he was a junior (ankle, if I remember correctly) and never got his wheels back completely. Before that he was an active threat to run and made Ds a lot more careful. It was Reg's play that kept us competitive during most of Chan's games with Ugag and the rest of our schedule.

I get pretty tired of people running him down. Here he is at his best:

Say what you will, but Reg could throw the football. Wish we had someone like him back there today.

It has become an article of faith with too many Tech fans that Ball was a bad quarterback. I never felt that way about him and it’s sad to me how much he is vilified. Some people do the same with Kevin Washington which also makes no sense to me.

My main memory of Ball is unfortunately not a good one but it’s not his fault. Every year he played Georgia the dawgs made at least one illegal or dirty play against him. I think his last year Georgia took at least 3 cheap shots at him with two of them being when he was five yards out of bounds. In all the years Reggie played I don’t think Georgia ever got a penalty for even one dangerous or cheap shot at him. *sigh*

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Reg did pretty well as Tech's QB. His problem was that he got hurt when he was a junior (ankle, if I remember correctly) and never got his wheels back completely. Before that he was an active threat to run and made Ds a lot more careful. It was Reg's play that kept us competitive during most of Chan's games with Ugag and the rest of our schedule.

I get pretty tired of people running him down. Here he is at his best:

Say what you will, but Reg could throw the football. Wish we had someone like him back there today.

I had season tickets during the Reggie years and loved his heart and effort. He just couldn't get it done against some weak UGA teams. IIWII. Was just point out Gailey had his chances against them.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
It has become an article of faith with too many Tech fans that Ball was a bad quarterback. I never felt that way about him and it’s sad to me how much he is vilified. Some people do the same with Kevin Washington which also makes no sense to me.

My main memory of Ball is unfortunately not a good one but it’s not his fault. Every year he played Georgia the dawgs made at least one illegal or dirty play against him. I think his last year Georgia took at least 3 cheap shots at him with two of them being when he was five yards out of bounds. In all the years Reggie played I don’t think Georgia ever got a penalty for even one dangerous or cheap shot at him. *sigh*
All I remember was him throwing it out of bounds on 4th down vs uga lol I was pretty young still

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

What does one say about a QB who misses receivers and in one classic meltdown moment, throws the ball away on 4th down? And it's Tevin, not Kevin, which gives one an idea of how much respect he got. He could not run very well, could not throw at all, and could be tackled with two fingers, but was an absolute master of Johnson's offense and peerless at runningthe option.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What does one say about a QB who misses receivers and in one classic meltdown moment, throws the ball away on 4th down? And it's Tevin, not Kevin, which gives one an idea of how much respect he got. He could not run very well, could not throw at all, and could be tackled with two fingers, but was an absolute master of Johnson's offense and peerless at runningthe option.
Yeah, when I type in a hurry I make errors. I will try to proof read this time.

As for Tevin (not Kevin) I liked Tevin a lot and thought he was one of Tech’s best QBs over the last 20 years.

As to that other topic and throwing the ball away on fourth down…I was there. That was the series where a Georgia player absolutely cleaned our QB’s clock. FIVE yards out of bounds. No penalty. Clock running. Our QB goes back to the huddle woosey and looks over to the sideline and the chain gang had the 3rd down marker posted. With me, in real time, I was angry with Georgia players, the refs and the chain gang. I was shocked to get home after the game and discover that Tech fans had made our QB the scapegoat for that heartbreaking loss.

But, admittedly, my first loyalty is to Tech and not the uga trash talkers and cheaters.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
okay. Kind of smarmy of me to "fix" a first name and I apolopgize.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Does our President want us to have a great sports program?
Does our AD?
Does our Head Coaches?
We need to look in the mirror and do some soul searching.