ESPN says we have the most predictable offense

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Allow me to translate: "The GT offense predictably puts a lot of points on the board and puts their opponents in extremely difficult situations." -->This, of course, is not really what they meant with their slam on a 5-0 undefeated team... They want 2+ SEC teams in the playoffs...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame is pretty damn good.
I admit our offense isn't the most stylistically pleasing to watch at. Last night's game was an example of that. In the end win got damnmit.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
I admit our offense isn't the most stylistically pleasing to watch at. Last night's game was an example of that. In the end win got damnmit.
Notre Dame has played one team with a winning record. Stanford was a good win but I am not sold yet based on wins over Rice, Purdue, Syracuse, and Michigan.

Spandex

Georgia Tech Fan
If by "predicable" she means "is going to run the ball," she's right (but superficially so). OTOH, if she means that everyone knows who will get the ball, where the play will go, and what the blocking assignments are, then it is a ridiculous statement.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

I couldn't have loved our offense anymore than I did last night...Just slowly beat the hell out of Miami.

If we run a hurry up offense or something of that nature then who knows what would have happened.

Perfect game plan and execution

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame's pretty good defensively. But they got FSU, Arizona St, Northwestern, Louisville and USC left, not to mention Navy who gives them fits. There's a couple or three losses left in there for the Irish.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I can't disagree more. This offense is beautiful against a backdrop of cookie cutter offenses that everyone else runs.

I don't think cookie cutter aplies to college football anymore. Everyone is doing something different.

I know people on this board will love the O we won and beat a rival that's had our number. I watched the game with some non fans who were bored. Some games like this one the offense is very methodical and non friendly to the average viewer.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I don't think cookie cutter aplies to college football anymore. Everyone is doing something different.

I know people on this board will love the O we won and beat a rival that's had our number. I watched the game with some non fans who were bored. Some games like this one the offense is very methodical and non friendly to the average viewer.

I reckon this means non FOOTBALL fans? I've never know anybody who knows anything about the game that could have watched the game last night that would have been bored. Maybe saying the O was predictable (whatever that means) but boring? No way!

Declinometer

Banned

You need some friends that understand football or maybe you could explain to them something about the offense. Give them something to watch, for example, how the end is not blocked and how the QB decides what to do based on what this unblocked player does. Let them focus on the A back cutting the DB. Freak out like I did on the little counter pitch (mini reverse) play that I haven't seen this year! Non fans? Average viewer? Why am I wasting my time? Obviously football is not in their DNA in the first place.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like our offense...I LOVE the potential of our offense when we get both phases of it humming.

I also like other offenses as well. As a fan of football, it doesn't need to be an "either you're with me or you're against me" proposition. You're allowed to like what you like. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
OK
Who watches the game like that over wings and brews at a sports bar? Like I said we're fans. We won. Great game.