ESPN: KeShun Freeman's resilient little brother is his inspiration

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
If KeShun has a big year this year, you can bet ESPN will want to feature his story on Gameday some point down the road. Mark it down. It's the stuff Disney's dreams are made of.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
It is amazing that these high character guys can remind a 47 year old something incredibly important... It's not all about me.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I've been critical of her work in the past. So will give credit where credit is due. That was a damn fine piece of good journalism. She may not be a football expert, but she can bring tears to the eyes with her words whe given a proper story to convey.

As for the Freeman family. What an amazing family. I would say it's families like this that make America great....but that would be selling them far short actually. What a wondeeful world this would be if more families could emulate their love, caregiving, and self sacrifice. They truly deserve God's blessings.

99jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Too bad in our society today it is the negative stories that generate the biggest headlines. Stories like this make me proud to be a Rambling Wreck from Georgia Tech. The real shame is there are a lot more remarkable young men and women out there with uplifting and inspiring stories that we will unfortunately never come to light.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
1 year ago, some people were bellyaching and wishing GT could be successful on the gridiron like Stanford. A year later we are elated to be GT, and we are proud of the brains, braun, determination, and character embodied in our gridiron warriors. How about that?
+1
And not only that, but now the Stanford athletes are coming to Tech. :)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Too bad in our society today it is the negative stories that generate the biggest headlines. Stories like this make me proud to be a Rambling Wreck from Georgia Tech. The real shame is there are a lot more remarkable young men and women out there with uplifting and inspiring stories that we will unfortunately never come to light.
It is a story like this, and the Alford/Willis scholarship story, that result from more attention to a program, which is in turn generated not just by a 14-3 record and OB win, but by the dramatic Georgia win that was played out on Sports Center, and then the top-rated TV shows of the ACC championship game with FSU and the OB romp over SEC's West powerhouse, so to speak, MSU. The first one got attention. The last two showed fans across the country that option football can be explosive, run and pass games, and that when run well, it is the masterpiece of football art. Sadly in Tech's previous bowl exposures that has not been the case.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have tried to live my adult life with the goal in mind of making as much of a positive impact on my fellow man as possible, especially younger people. I really have. Reading this story about the Freeman family makes me realize how little I am doing. It's humbling really. Humbling yet uplifting at the same time.

Lurkerjack

Georgia Tech Fan
It is amazing that these high character guys can remind a 47 year old something incredibly important... It's not all about me.

Yep. Here I sit, a late 40s "family" man........ incredibly humbled by a 19 year old kid and his family.

This will be a must read for my boys.

What a great group of kids we have representing The Institute!

jackette

Jolly Good Fellow
well we all know that the "other lady ACC writer for ESPN" would not have written a thing. Hopfully, maybe little brother can run out with Keshun onto the field wearing identical jersey with rest of team. Wouldn't that be something

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
well we all know that the "other lady ACC writer for ESPN" would not have written a thing. Hopfully, maybe little brother can run out with Keshun onto the field wearing identical jersey with rest of team. Wouldn't that be something
I don't know that.