Emanuel Bridges Transferring

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Two things:

1. This post was in response to the OP who said none of our transferring players ever really impacted their new team on the field.

2. All-American is All-American. Yes it's in FCS instead of FBS, but you've got to be damn good either way. People find it impressive because making All-American, no matter what level you play at, is hard to do.

What I don't find impressive are fans that likely could never make a college team as a walk on demean the accomplishments of scholarship players. That I just don't understand.

OK, don't get all pissy. I'm just pointing out that FCS All-American and FBS All-American are not the same thing.

I hold no ill will against the guy, but to point out that his accomplishments were noteworthy enough that we missed him at Tech is probably not accurate.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Vad didn't go to JMU because he wasn't FBS-level good. He went because of his relationship with Everett Withers, the offense they ran, and being able to play right away. I bet he could have been a starting WR for us last year as well.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Vad didn't go to JMU because he wasn't FBS-level good. He went because of his relationship with Everett Withers, the offense they ran, and being able to play right away. I bet he could have been a starting WR for us last year as well.

People seem to forget how well he played in 2012 as Tevin's backup, and how well he played in spurts in 2013. Vad was a good player, his heart just wasn't 100% behind CPJ's offense...and you can't play in this offense if you're not 100% committed. Also, the OL he played with in 2013 was terrible.

Vad left and had nice career at JMU. JeT led us to a top 10 finish and OB win the year after Vad left. Win-Win. Let's move on folks...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I hold no ill will against the guy, but to point out that his accomplishments were noteworthy enough that we missed him at Tech is probably not accurate.

Again, two things:

1. I'm not pissy. I am simply calling you, and anyone else who says the same thing, out for demeaning the accomplishments of a student athlete. You can argue the merits of quality difference between divisions, and whether or not an athlete is deserving of said honor, but dismissing him out of hand because of his school is silly.

2. I never said we missed him at Tech. I was refuting the OPs assertion that no former Tech transfers made an on the field impact with their new team. Vad clearly made an on the field impact. As for missing Vad, I was one of the first voices saying that I thought we'd be a better overall team with JeT running the offense. @Supersizethatorder-mutt and I held this very conversation shortly after Vad transferred. But whether or not we "missed Vad" was not the point of my reply.

All this to say, I don't know why EB is transferring out of GT. I really don't care unless the reason proves to be troubles within the team itself. Every individual must do what they think is best for their future. I hope EB finds success wherever he goes, unless he goes to uga. With his talent level, it's very possible we will be hearing more about him one day.

jandrews

Jolly Good Fellow
He hasn't been removed from the football roster yet while Marshall and walker have been. Wish him good luck wherever he ends up.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If he goes JUCO 1 year and graduates with his Associates, he could be instantly eligible to transfer to any school. That's the only way to transfer without sitting out a year.

Don't know anything about his situation, but I would assume that 100% of his classes will transfer, which should make it feasible to get his Associates after 1 year.

GTFLETCH

Banned
The poster said he didn't see anyone make an impact on the field, he never stated what level, and on the field he made an impact even though it was at JAMES MADISON. I was kinda being facetious anyways. I know he was probably meaning at a higher level program.

Ok...One could say Vad Lee is a HOFer do to his great play on the field in his front yard... The bottoming was he was at the FBS level and quit..walked away to play at a lower level. FACTS! Did he excel at a lower level yes!!! Is being an All American at that lower level a BIG Deal.. Yes!!! But let's keep things in perspective!

GTFLETCH

Banned

Half True.... While he had a relationship with that Coach and liked the offense...He was not FBS Starter Good... He wanted to start and JMU offered that, however No G5 or P5 FBS school came to him and recruited or Begged him to run their offense during either years (post GT)...Fact!!! Georgia Tech was his best option at FBS football. (The highest level of competition)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ok...One could say Vad Lee is a HOFer do to his great play on the field in his front yard... The bottoming was he was at the FBS level and quit..walked away to play at a lower level. FACTS! Did he excel at a lower level yes!!! Is being an All American at that lower level a BIG Deal.. Yes!!! But let's keep things in perspective!
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at but ok......

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Half True.... While he had a relationship with that Coach and liked the offense...He was not FBS Starter Good... He wanted to start and JMU offered that, however No G5 or P5 FBS school came to him and recruited or Begged him to run their offense during either years (post GT)...Fact!!! Georgia Tech was his best option at FBS football. (The highest level of competition)
How do you know no other G5 or P5 came to him? Just because it wasn't made public? Not everything is made public if kids don't worry about posting it out there.... fact! He could have played for another P5 school, he made it to the NFL, sorry but if he was good enough to even just get a tryout in the NFL he was good enough for a P5 school.