Emanuel Bridges Transferring

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Agreed... Sometimes it is grades and that makes since see Travis Curtis and Miles Autry (could not handle Courses)

Sometimes is about playing time...See Jeff Greene... I think his replacement Darren Waller is in the NFL and Jeff didnt do anything at Ohio State and is selling used cars in columbus...craziness
I think you have to actually produce at Ohio State to be able to sell used cars in Columbus.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes is about playing time...See Jeff Greene... I think his replacement Darren Waller is in the NFL and Jeff didnt do anything at Ohio State and is selling used cars in columbus...craziness

Greene was actually the better WR prospect early on. Was Vad & TEvin's main WR target, and looked to be the "next GT WR" in his limited role as a freshmen. It's a shame he couldn't buy into what the WRs do here. With his size, speed, and athleticism it would have been fun to see him, Waller, and Smelter beating up on DBs.

He was the top WR here before he departed (before Smelter even though about playing football), but then transferred into a school with a WR depth chart that was loaded with 4 & 5 star recruits. Chances were slim he was ever going to get playing time. Traded a lead role in an option offense for a bit role somewhere else. Even his HS coach was super upset with him for making that choice.

Oh well, sometimes young guys can't see the forest through the trees.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Greene was actually the better WR prospect early on. Was Vad & TEvin's main WR target, and looked to be the "next GT WR" in his limited role as a freshmen. It's a shame he couldn't buy into what the WRs do here. With his size, speed, and athleticism it would have been fun to see him, Waller, and Smelter beating up on DBs.

He was the top WR here before he departed (before Smelter even though about playing football), but then transferred into a school with a WR depth chart that was loaded with 4 & 5 star recruits. Chances were slim he was ever going to get playing time. Traded a lead role in an option offense for a bit role somewhere else. Even his HS coach was super upset with him for making that choice.

Oh well, sometimes young guys can't see the forest through the trees.

I mean, it could be worse than being a national champion at OSU. He clearly wasn't good enough for the next level either way. I think he loved his college experience at OSU and doubt he would do it differently.

Cooper Taylor was a transfer who was impactful. But I guess the criteria is only FBS.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I mean, it could be worse than being a national champion at OSU. He clearly wasn't good enough for the next level either way. I think he loved his college experience at OSU and doubt he would do it differently.

Cooper Taylor was a transfer who was impactful. But I guess the criteria is only FBS.

If Greene followed the trajectory he was on as a freshmen, he would have atleast had a shot at the next level...plus he would have had a pretty solid degree from a school with a LOT of business connections (seriously, just look on linked in at what our former SAs are doing and who they're working for). Having a national championship ring is great, but it ain't paying the bills 10-20 years from now.

Cooper Taylor played in the NFL for a few years...he may still be.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If Greene followed the trajectory he was on as a freshmen, he would have atleast had a shot at the next level...plus he would have had a pretty solid degree from a school with a LOT of business connections (seriously, just look on linked in at what our former SAs are doing and who they're working for). Having a national championship ring is great, but it ain't paying the bills 10-20 years from now.

Cooper Taylor played in the NFL for a few years...he may still be.

Lies. You know how many Chevy's you can sell by flashing a natty title ring in Columbus? :D

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I totally agree. We don't have good coverage linebackers. Every tightend we have played has a huge game.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've heard a lot of people say the same thing about the opposing TE production this year. In reality, GT did a pretty good job against most of the TEs we faced. The glaring exception being the Duke game. (TEs garnered 57% of Dukes receiving yards in the game) We were hurt on a couple of big plays by TEs. Nauta's 35 yd catch in the uga game, the 48 yard catch in the Miami game, and of course the 74 yard fluke catch in the Pitt game, but for the most part, we held the TE position in check. The Duke game skews the stats drastically, but overall, we weren't as bad as people claim. We also held Bucky Hodges, arguably the best TE we faced, to three catches for 22 yards.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I like to deny all bad news too but you know it’s coming. Transfers for grades suck. Transfers because they don’t want to be here is addition.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What did he do? He went to JAMES MADISON!!!
What FBS impact did he have? I thought he spent the rest of his days at the FCS level??
The poster said he didn't see anyone make an impact on the field, he never stated what level, and on the field he made an impact even though it was at JAMES MADISON. I was kinda being facetious anyways. I know he was probably meaning at a higher level program.

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Get ready.
More coming.
Who can we expect? If you can't say, can you give anything like positions/year/big impact vs. reserve player/whatever? Can you give us ANY hints? It's not much use and similar to if someone goes on a recruiting thread and says "Keep your eyes open because we're about to get someone" but then says nothing more. We're already paying attention: just give us something to mull over

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Can we say with about 90% certainty that whenever a Freshmen transfers it's grades related?

I would say no.

VERY often an S/A gets homesick / lovesick.

There are times a player was flat out lied to by some coach recruiting them, and some "promises" can not be kept.

There are many times a frosh gets to a campus and 1 1/2 hours into the first practice with pads realizes that "hey, ALL these guys are bigger and faster than anyone I have ever seen on a football field!

And, yes, some kids are not ready academically. But 90% is a crutch we too often use.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Good for him, but I can think of a countless guys that could go that route and do the same thing.

Ok, maybe not countless...but I don't understand why some find that as impressive as they do. There's a reason FCS is a completely separate division

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Ok, maybe not countless...but I don't understand why some find that as impressive as they do. There's a reason FCS is a completely separate division

Two things:

1. This post was in response to the OP who said none of our transferring players ever really impacted their new team on the field.

2. All-American is All-American. Yes it's in FCS instead of FBS, but you've got to be damn good either way. People find it impressive because making All-American, no matter what level you play at, is hard to do.

What I don't find impressive are fans that likely could never make a college team as a walk on demean the accomplishments of scholarship players. That I just don't understand.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Two things:

1. This post was in response to the OP who said none of our transferring players ever really impacted their new team on the field.

2. All-American is All-American. Yes it's in FCS instead of FBS, but you've got to be damn good either way. People find it impressive because making All-American, no matter what level you play at, is hard to do.

What I don't find impressive are fans that likely could never make a college team as a walk on demean the accomplishments of scholarship players. That I just don't understand.

I agree that an All-American is a great accomplishment at any level FBS, FCS, DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO. However, being an FCS All-American is different than being FBS ALL American, as Vad lee is a great example, as an FBS player he was never a 1st ACC Selection, but when he went down a level in competition he was an FCA All American. While I hate to see him quit on the yellow jackets I am glad the young man enjoyed success at a lower level. Not every athlete can make it at the FBS level and he is a great face for the FCS level!!!